LS?

/ LS? #21  
The LS parts site will often give you the generic number for common parts if you look for it. Just like like everyone else they have their own numbers and prices, but like everything else some digging can save you $$$. A micrometer and reading the old parts for numbers can help.
Of course everyone only wants to use OEM around here, but YMMV

/ LS? #22  
The MT240 will handle a bale up to about 1800-1900 no problem, I just wouldn't want to do it very often or for very far as the front axle/bearings aren't that big and it would sure wear them out faster than on an Mt3 or 4.
Do you lift bales regularly with it that are 1800 lbs and transport them?

/ LS? #23  
I think he said 5' bale so it should less than 1000 even wet. I moved 5x4 bales that had been sitting in weeks of rain with no problems with my 3135. It's loader LL3301 is rated about 400 less than 40's LL3302. With extra weight of the loader (650#) and my BH (1100# I think) it is stable has can be even on moderate side hills, and totes up a 1/4 mile steep slope in Medium just fine. It would pull High but gets too bouncy for me and stresses a bit.

Last edited:
   / LS? #24  
I have an MT347HC and I can feel the weight with a bucket full of river rock. Not gonna question your plan, but I don’t even want to move round bales regularly with that, let alone using a smaller and lighter tractor.

The bucket is between 1/3 and 1/2 yd capacity, and the rock is 3000 lb per yard…

/ LS? #25  
Be careful lifting heavy items with the loader and moving them around. Just because it can doesn't mean you should. I ruined the right front wheel bearing on my R4047H moving things around that approached its capacity (rocks, pallets of bagged coal, full buckets of wet dirt).

/ LS? #26  
Guess I better sell my LS, moving full buckets of creek gravel, and taking hay bales to the cattle are it's main jobs........
All things my BX has been doing for 20 years and 4500 hours.

/ LS?
I think he said 5' bale so it should less than 1000 even wet. I moved 5x4 bales that had been sitting in weeks of rain with no problems with my 3135. It's loader LL3301 is rated about 400 less than 40's LL3302. With extra weight of the loader (650#) and my BH (1100# I think) it is stable has can be even on moderate side hills, and totes up a 1/4 mile steep slope in Medium just fine. It would pull High but gets too bouncy for me and stresses a bit.
5 ft round bale. I don't think its 1000#.

/ LS?
Guess I better sell my LS, moving full buckets of creek gravel, and taking hay bales to the cattle are it's main jobs........
All things my BX has been doing for 20 years and 4500 hours.
That's the reliability and longevity I'm expecting with regular maintenance (fluid changes, lube, filters). Especially if I buy new I expect zero issues for 10 years. Am I being realistic? (I hope so, but asking).

/ LS?
Anyone know of a LS MT240H used? If new is 22K, can used be had for 17K?

/ LS? #30  
5 ft round bale. I don't think its 1000#.
Most 5' bales will be way less than 1000#. Now if you are using 6*6 or the giant square bales you may bump the limit of the loader and tractor. Around here 4x4 and 4x5 are the norm and my LS as no trouble hauling or stacking them. I carry low out of habit and have not encountered an issue in very hilly terrain. I carry bale up to the cattle more than 300' vertical rise in less than 1/4 mile. Would not do sideways on the steep parts...