M9540HDC24

/ M9540HDC24
The first thing I ordered was the top radiator hose and air filters from Coleman Corp which was on the 16th. Was just notified that the parts will be here on the 29th. Can you believe it takes this long, wow. Have ordered other things and they have all come in. So the first thing ordered is the last to come in

/ M9540HDC24 #22  
Yeah, you would think those were stock items. It's not like you ordered a transmission gear or something like that.

Are you talking about the dealership Coleman? They are local to me. I've ordered some parts thru them. Always received what I needed but usually didn't ship for a few days.

I normally use Messick's. Order it by noon and it ships that day. I think they are a larger company with larger inventory.

/ M9540HDC24
Yes, Coleman near you had the best price (ship and no tax). I called them the day before and they said there were 30 in the warehouse and don't know why Kubota took so long to ship. The real bad part is the hose, its 6 years old and started to split. The hose looks like there are no fibers in the hose, its just soft rubber. Tried to find one at Gates and came real close but not close enough.

/ M9540HDC24
Also figure I'll replace the belts
Fan 1/2 x 49 inches ribbed
AC 3/8 x 60 5/8 to 3/4 ribbed

Well both belts need to be longer. I ordered the wrong belt to the AC, and the fan figure it should be 50 inches

Have 2 more on order (cog belts)
AX48 = 50 inch by 1/2
3VX610 = 61 inch by 3/8

More info for others looking for belts
AX = 1/2 wide
3VX = 3/8 wide

Metric
SPZ = 9.7mm (3/8)
SPZX = same but cog belt
SPC = 12.7mm (1/2)
SPCX = cog

/ M9540HDC24
Installed 1 of the 2 gas shocks on the hood, and it work just fine. Cost about $25 each counting shipping, which is half the cost at Kubota

/ M9540HDC24 #26  
The real bad part is the hose, its 6 years old and started to split. The hose looks like there are no fibers in the hose, its just soft rubber. Tried to find one at Gates and came real close but not close enough.
I found a hose like that once, it came as a replacement for my car and I had a hard time getting the place I bought it from to understand what the problem was. They were happy to take it back, but getting them to understand what's the problem was and look at the other stock on the shelf took some doing ( mine was not the only those that was missing reinforcing fibers). I also ended up talking to the manufacturer so that they would check and see if there were more than just the ones that that supplier ended up with.

Aaron Z

/ M9540HDC24
Have 2 more on order (cog belts)
AX48 = 50 inch by 1/2
3VX610 = 61 inch by 3/8

Installed the belts and they fit, picked up from Off Road Belts
AX48 $3.73 --- Kubota 1G541-97010 $24.27
3VX610 $5.17 --- Kubota 3C581-79320 $37.21

Top rad hose installed, think I'll fill with water to flush out and drain again before filling with HOAT AF

/ M9540HDC24
Flushed cooling system then used air to blow things out. Spec shows 9L (2.3 Gal) to fill, but no mention of with or W/O cab

Put in 1.25 Gal of full strength HOAT and almost a Gal of distilled water. Guess I didn't get all the water out. In any case it should be good and will need to check it a few times.

/ M9540HDC24
Anyone try using just regular filter media for the inner air filters?
At $20 something each (6A671-75090 req 2) is a bit much

/ M9540HDC24 #30  
The engine air filters are certainly not something I would skimp on. Have you tried cross referencing the part numbers to fleet guard, Donaldson, etc or another reputable filter maker?