Comparison Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #41  
Congrats on the new purchase. I have a MF 1723e TLB and I’m looking at the Kioti 2610. I’m also in Central VA (Powhatan). Would you mind sharing your dealer information?

Thanks

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #42  
AND it points out a big fault in tractor backhoes.....not only are most of them way under powered, but they have about 1/3 the reach of a full sized backhoe....meaning digging a ditch is: dig a little ways, get off, move the machine, get back in the seat, dig a little ways......OR as in the photo....make it a 2 man job. :D

I seriously doubt most tractor backhoe owners ever break even on the cost of the unit compared to just renting a full sized machine. I know I didn't, and it left with my previous tractor.

So dig change seats move change seat, dig. Yep that can be true but it痴 still better than the alternative. I think the real issue is with expectations. Many think they are buying a substitute for a full size machine, which simply isn稚 the case.

Myself I use the hoe a lot and have found the neighbors close by have all had projects that the hoe was perfect for but rentals due to many reasons were not viable choices. Timing, know how, size and damage to existing grounds. This made offering me these jobs. My hoe has not only paid for itself doing jobs for me at my leisure but has netted me an actual profit doing work for others.

The problem that I see is many are not familiar enough with them to understand how to use them or just expect they can dig with the same authority as a full size machine. Also many people have a more limited vision of things and don稚 actually take on real landscaping projects. In short they only have limited work for one and won稚 make changes to things as time goes on.

Yes for some a backhoe could be a waste of money, but for others it痴 a tool that will see lots of use and for those of us who use them regularly they are a wise investment.

I suggest anyone buying a tractor and thinking about a backhoe attachment should really investigate thier immediate needs and Annalise thier future plans along with being honest with themselves about what they are capeable of doing.
If your not considering one it might be wise to heed the same advise as you could also be making a mistake by not getting one.

I know only of 3 backhoe attachment痴 that didn稚 see any real use over the years. All 3 were purchased by people who thought they had to have everything, you know keeping up with the Jones syndrome. All others are used regularly. I have friends without that wish they had, friends without that are glad they didn稚 but none of my friends with wish they hadn稚 purchased one.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #43  
For my setup, every time that I move I place the rear tires where the fronts had been. Two years ago I had to replace my water line, it took me a couple of hours to dig 250 feet. It would have taken longer than that to go pick up a rental.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #44  
For my setup, every time that I move I place the rear tires where the fronts had been. Two years ago I had to replace my water line, it took me a couple of hours to dig 250 feet. It would have taken longer than that to go pick up a rental.

We use our backhoe more as a crane than for digging. Plus we do some landscape work on our place making rock walkways and stone walls. A backhoe is worth it to us for the wear and tear on our old backs that is saved. If you have ever hurt your back lifting something, the price of a backhoe starts to look real good.

We used a 3pt backhoe for 20 years until I got smart and bought a Kubota TLB. Kubota sure makes some fine TLBs...not being biased, since no other company makes one at all that I am aware of.

Our Kubota backhoe has a quick change bucket so many attachments are possible. This is a whole new field of attachments that hasn't been addressed at all. I keep hoping someone will make up a sort of reversed bucket with a flat bottom specifically for picking up things and stacking or placing them. Something like a pizza paddle.....

Is anyone out there listening?? I'm willing to help with the design...
rScotty

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #45  
We use our backhoe more as a crane than for digging. Plus we do some landscape work on our place making rock walkways and stone walls. A backhoe is worth it to us for the wear and tear on our old backs that is saved. If you have ever hurt your back lifting something, the price of a backhoe starts to look real good.

We used a 3pt backhoe for 20 years until I got smart and bought a Kubota TLB. Kubota sure makes some fine TLBs...not being biased, since no other company makes one at all that I am aware of.

Our Kubota backhoe has a quick change bucket so many attachments are possible. This is a whole new field of attachments that hasn't been addressed at all. I keep hoping someone will make up a sort of reversed bucket with a flat bottom specifically for picking up things and stacking or placing them. Something like a pizza paddle.....

Is anyone out there listening?? I'm willing to help with the design...
rScotty

That should be easy. Find a used bucket and get out your welder. You will figure it out as you go along. I have seen them mounted backward for digging, but never really paid attention to how it was set up. They must either move the cylinder or weld something onto the bucket.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #46  
I do have to comment on the cost of rentals

Telephone call to rental place- almost 30 min then talking to an outright dumb a who couldn稚 even give accurate information on the machines ability. 30 min of your time at what rate =. $覧覧
Trip to rental yard to see actual machine because you can稚 trust the dummies description, about an hour + fuel, wear and tear and not getting something else done during that time = $覧覧
An other phone call confirming your trip to the rental place and your rental of the machine on scheduled day, an other 20 min wasted with the other dumb A working there but finding out they messed up and rented it to someone else because you only needed a day or two and this person was booking it for a week or more so they went with them instead. This twenty min call turns into an hour because you wanted to speak with a manager, only to find he is the father of dummy #1 and #2 and has no buisness ethics.= $覧?
Finally PO壇 over the treatment you end up wasting more time to drive an hour and a half away to the next rental place with a hoe and schedule a 2 day rental.= $覧?
Now you find they charge for delivery or you must have adequate means to transport it, so it痴 pay them, or more travel time, wear and tear, fuel and for those without a trailer don稚 forget the fuel you used and the time it took calling around to friends and family looking to borrow a trailer. Also don稚 forget now you owe that brother in law an other favor which will also cost you time and $覧
Now add the rental fee, the stress of trying to get done before the unforeseen rain that suddenly appeared on the radar. And in many cases the now extra day needed to finish because you didn稚 get done before the rain if your even able to hold it for a day as many times it痴 already scheduled to someone else the next day so you have to make yet an other trip to get it again.

Cost of a 500 dollar rental is really what=

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610
Congrats on the new purchase. I have a MF 1723e TLB and I’m looking at the Kioti 2610. I’m also in Central VA (Powhatan). Would you mind sharing your dealer information?

Thanks
Bought from Rockingham New Holland in Harrisonburg VA because they were the only place with the ck2610 in stock.

As of right now I wouldn't recommend them though. They added $1200 in financing fees in addition to charging me $1200 extra for the tractor over the "cash" price. I'm going to call them on Monday and ask about the extra charges. Of course they weren't on the original quote and only showed up when they delivered the tractor and I has to sign the paperwork.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610
Congrats on your new tractor.

Consider a set of pallet forks for a LOT less money than a grapple. You can do almost everything a grapple will do with them and a whole lot a grapple WON'T do.....like move things on pallets. And you'll find everything now goes on pallets..... :D

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance
Went for a set of folks. Hell, why not.

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #49  
I'm not at familiar with the Mahindra and Yanmar, but I will note at least one spec that isn't a direct comparison on the Kioti and Kubota. The lift capacity for Kioti are listed at 1520mm pin height (approx 60in) where the Kubota is listed at the full 95in pin height. The Kubota is rated at 1431lbs at 1500mm pin height.
I couldn't find the lift capacity at full height for the Kioti, (I'm assuming you spec'd the 4030 loader).

Another thing to look at some you said you wanted a backhoe is the attachment method, I'm not a huge fan of the large subframe on the Kioti, it takes up quite a bitnif space when it's off and is a bit more difficult to mount up.

Went through this a couple years ago with a friend who was looking at a few different tractors and bought a Ck2610, its a nice machine and he likes it, but I definitely would rather have the Kubota backhoe mount.

Also while I feel the Kioti has a better loader joystick placement then the Kubota (I'm a fan of the fender mounted sticks) I felt the Kubota valve itself was much nicer/smoother to operate then the Kioti.

Just a few things to consider.
Not huge but Kioti you leave 3pt hitch arms on vs Kubota they need to be removed I have Kubota but would think Kioti would be quicker ??

/ Mahindra 1626 vs. Kubota L2501 vs. Yanmar SA424 vs. Kioti CK2610 #50  
Doesn稚 upset me in the least. I actually agree with some of what you say.
The system takes up slightly more space, it痴 mounted position puts it out farther. But for the ease of mounting and dismounting there is no way one is any harder than the other and with the consideration of the 3 point not needing removed that clearly puts one system ahead of the other.
How much further does the Kioti stick out? On my terrain both of these are probably a deal breaker. Not much flat. Two seats on a tractor for a BH is ridiculous. Some smaller SCUTs have a swing seat but if I recall when you convert it it takes the suspension out of the seat. Maybe they changed that now? It has been a few years.