Mahindra 1626

/ Mahindra 1626 #22  
I was wondering, any Mahindra owners out there figure out how to start the tractor from the ground (without having to sit in the seat)? I customarily start my equipment from the ground, then let it warm up a bit. Not looking to bypass the seat safety switch, hoping to figure out a method otherwise.

Congratulations on the tractor, I have really enjoyed my 1626. I think I have around 120 or so hours on mine and it痴 エ been a real workhorse.
Im of the belief that one should not be afraid to make it yours? If you雎?e not comfortable with a zip tie around the seat switch I havent found another way to start without climbing up. For my situation and uses it suits me. I use mine primarily for loading and unloading Ac equipment and secondly for maintenance of homestead. My 1626 replaced a mahindra 2310 I had for 16 years and both evolved as new needs came up.

/ Mahindra 1626
Congratulations on the tractor, I have really enjoyed my 1626. I think I have around 120 or so hours on mine and itç—´ ï½´ been a real workhorse.
Im of the belief that one should not be afraid to make it yours? If you雎?e not comfortable with a zip tie around the seat switch I havent found another way to start without climbing up. For my situation and uses it suits me. I use mine primarily for loading and unloading Ac equipment and secondly for maintenance of homestead. My 1626 replaced a mahindra 2310 I had for 16 years and both evolved as new needs came up.

Thanks! I figured it would come to bypassing the seat switch. For the most part I do start the machine from the seat. But when the cold weather comes I will want to start it from the ground and let it warm up.

I love the machine! I am in the process of preparing an area for a new 24’ above ground pool. The tractor has done a great job. I have 11 hours on it now. Power, comfort, and ease of operation are great! I’m very impressed with the turning radius, this thing turns on a dime!

One thing I have noticed is the fuel gauge never gets to “full”, and drops to the low/red area very early. What I mean is, the fuel gauge got down close to the red area near “E”. I have 2 diesel cans (5 gal each). I went to fuel up, tractor didn’t even take 1/2 the can before it was full to the neck. Then, when I fired the tractor up the fuel gauge didn’t go all the way to full (straight up). Wonder if my fuel gauge needs attention...?

/ Mahindra 1626 #24  
Thanks! I figured it would come to bypassing the seat switch. For the most part I do start the machine from the seat. But when the cold weather comes I will want to start it from the ground and let it warm up.

I love the machine! I am in the process of preparing an area for a new 24 above ground pool. The tractor has done a great job. I have 11 hours on it now. Power, comfort, and ease of operation are great! I知 very impressed with the turning radius, this thing turns on a dime!

One thing I have noticed is the fuel gauge never gets to 吐ull? and drops to the low/red area very early. What I mean is, the fuel gauge got down close to the red area near 摘? I have 2 diesel cans (5 gal each). I went to fuel up, tractor didn稚 even take 1/2 the can before it was full to the neck. Then, when I fired the tractor up the fuel gauge didn稚 go all the way to full (straight up). Wonder if my fuel gauge needs attention...?

Mine goes all the way to full but doesn稚 seem to be accurate at the low end (only takes about 4 gallons from E ) Which suits me because I don?t like running anything out of fuel.
I think the only thing I noticed on mine was a leaking battery within the first few days. I have tweaked a lot of things on it to better fit my needs , there are endless ideas on this forum for improvements if you are so inclined.

/ Mahindra 1626
Mine goes all the way to full but doesn稚 seem to be accurate at the low end (only takes about 4 gallons from E ) Which suits me because I don?t like running anything out of fuel.
I think the only thing I noticed on mine was a leaking battery within the first few days. I have tweaked a lot of things on it to better fit my needs , there are endless ideas on this forum for improvements if you are so inclined.

I have made several tweaks myself, I definitely make things my own! The fuel gauge thing isn’t a big problem, but I’d at least like to get an entire can into it when the gauge gets to E. That means driving it to E and keep going a bit so I can get the whole can in, not something I like doing. Like you, I don’t like letting my machinery run nearly out of fuel. This tractor is my first diesel, so I’m not about to start letting this run out of fuel!

/ Mahindra 1626
Trying to post a few pics of the latest project with my machine, now suddenly I can’t post pictures because the app isn’t resizing.

In any event, machine is going great! I’m putting in a 24’ pool tomorrow, I’ll post pictures if I can...

/ Mahindra 1626 #29  
Hello neighbor. Thanks for weighing in on my newbie thread.

Which grapple are you headed for?
I'm half kicking around the idea of a "root rake" style. Some friends have turned me onto something called a ratchet rake instead. I've already bought one of those (and I don't even own a tractor yet) and will try that out for a while before investing in a grapple or 3rd function kit. From what I understand grapples are the bees knees for preparing raw New England woodland and clearing brush.

There is a used 60" grapple for sale over at Concord Tractor for $1500. Seems like a half reasonable deal. Tapping the tines with my foot while poking through their yard the other day left me thinking it was a half decent unit for the money. They have it on their website.

Tell me about those temporary garages in the background of your earlier photos. Are those for tractor & implement storage? What brand/style? Had 'em long? Would you do 'em again?
I'm starting to think about adding more storage. The 2k sqft man-cave with vehicle lift is not quite in the cards yet.

/ Mahindra 1626
Hello neighbor. Thanks for weighing in on my newbie thread.

Which grapple are you headed for?
I'm half kicking around the idea of a "root rake" style. Some friends have turned me onto something called a ratchet rake instead. I've already bought one of those (and I don't even own a tractor yet) and will try that out for a while before investing in a grapple or 3rd function kit. From what I understand grapples are the bees knees for preparing raw New England woodland and clearing brush.

There is a used 60" grapple for sale over at Concord Tractor for $1500. Seems like a half reasonable deal. Tapping the tines with my foot while poking through their yard the other day left me thinking it was a half decent unit for the money. They have it on their website.

Tell me about those temporary garages in the background of your earlier photos. Are those for tractor & implement storage? What brand/style? Had 'em long? Would you do 'em again?
I'm starting to think about adding more storage. The 2k sqft man-cave with vehicle lift is not quite in the cards yet.

Hey!

I’m looking for something on the light side, but strong enough for the occasional rock or log. I am thinking a 60” Land Pride. I just missed out on a used one on CL the other day...lol.

The Quonset Huts, those are great! Those are the “Cover-It” brand, both are 12’w 10’ h 28’ long. I store my boat, kids bikes, assorted summer fun stuff in one of them....the other has my “someday project car”, 68 Cougar XR7, all my wheelers, and my lawn mower. Any implements not on the tractor just love outside...lol. Tractor gets a nice cozy spot in my shop (I’d post a pic, but the forum limits the size to ridiculous small so that’s that).

$1500 for a grapple is a good deal! I’m still in “saving mode” for that.