Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #141  
I would be excited to know the answer to this question as well. I like to keep a stock of filters for 1-2 service intervals on hand, so I currently have multiple engine oil, hydraulic, and air filters. I'm thinking I'll be trading my 4540 in towards a 5155 in the near future and am curious if the filters are interchangeable. It wouldn't really surprise me if they were all the same since the 4500 and 5100 series share the same engine platform and hydraulic pump.
I don't have a 45 series but i looked at them HARD before buying the 5145. if you like the 45 series IMO you will love the 51 series. IMO It fixed all the things that were an issue with the 45 series.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #144  
Jave I tried bills tractors. Think he listed a complete filter kit
Yes, Bill's Tractor has a good list of filters for the 5100 series. You might also check the filters that came on your tractor for part numbers. You can also search eBay for those part numbers. I haven't received my 5155 yet but I checked the filter part numbers for my 4550 (now sold) and they were different from those listed on Bill's site for the 5155.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #145  
Jave I tried bills tractors. Think he listed a complete filter kit
ya for 300 dollars, i only need the two for 50 hr service... suction filter and oil filter, i didnt see were he lists them individually .

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #146  
Bill's does list them individually. Scroll further down for parts he has for the 5145/5155.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #147  
I just spent some time on Bill's site comparing the part numbers between 4540 and 5155 filters. The inner and outer air filters do cross over, they are the same. Engine oil, hydraulic suction, and fuel filter/water separator are all different. No hydraulic strainer is listed for the 5155, nor a secondary fuel filter element. As previously stated by another, the 5155 does have a hydraulic strainer, just in a different location. Correct? Also, does the 5155 have just the one fuel filter instead of the dual filter setup on the 4500 series? Maybe one of you 5100 series owners can chime in.

I agree with you, DaBear. The 5155 seems to retain all of the features that I love about the 4540 (heavily constructed, strong lift capacities, ect), and a fix for all of the downsides that I dislike (primarily the transmission).

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #148  
Walt on the fuel filter, the service manual only calls out the main filter with the fuel tank having "pre-filtration" what ever that means.

I got to spend 10 hours on my tractor Saturday, mostly clearing brush with the grapple. I had my first equipment failure. The grapple has tines on the front and back side and where the SSQA engages the grapple it is open with 6" spacing between the tines, just enough room for a large branch to push thru and disengage the SSQA lock arm allowing the grapple to come off on one side. That is not to bad if you catch it but the first time it happened i did not notice until i was pulling a 4" tree out of the ground. The force of pulling with the right side disengaged tweaked the grapple SSQA lower bracket where the pin engages on the bottom for the left side. after i got the grapples reconnected i had several more issues with large branches disengaging the SSQA lock arms and even bent one but always caught it before the grapple came off on one side.

I spent some time tearing into my dash and the service manual states to remove the 4 screws on each side and just remove the lower steering cover, but if you do that you find that the lower cover is screwed to the dash board from behind, bottom line is that to remove the lower cover you will need to remove the dash also or break the tabs.

The great thing about 51 series is that the SSQA is of very heavy construction so pulling with one side lose did tweak the grapple SSQA mount but it did not tweak the tractor SSQA assembly. I will have to take a couple of mallets to the grapple but the tractor engaged the bucket without issue.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Maybe I missed it but why were you tearing into your dash? Glad you didn’t bend your loader.