Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Gotcha. So far I’m loving my 5155. I spent several hours on Saturday clearing deadfall and cleaning up a burn pile. Very pleased with the size, power, weight, and stability. My property is hilly and I feel much more stable than I did on my 1538. Also am really impressed with the smoothness on the shuttle and the actual shifting through the gears. Very smooth operating machine. Only about 20 hours on it but now that spring has made it up north, the hours will build faster. And I think there’s only the one fuel filter from what I can see. Fortunately it’s easily accessible.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #152  
I started out looking for a smaller tractor, the 5145 is more tractor that i really needed, but I'm glad i got it. Without filled tires the tractor is stable and confidence inspiring, not that you cannot tip it over, I learned quickly to keep the grapple low when pulling or pushing anything that was still attached to the ground lol. yea you have to deal with that nasty white stuff, down here it is called rain and we take all we can get.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #153  
Gotcha. So far I’m loving my 5155. I spent several hours on Saturday clearing deadfall and cleaning up a burn pile. Very pleased with the size, power, weight, and stability. My property is hilly and I feel much more stable than I did on my 1538. Also am really impressed with the smoothness on the shuttle and the actual shifting through the gears. Very smooth operating machine. Only about 20 hours on it but now that spring has made it up north, the hours will build faster. And I think there’s only the one fuel filter from what I can see. Fortunately it’s easily accessible.
LOL I have had my tractor for less than a week and have 11 hours on it, not being a tool but just thought it was funny.
good luck with your endeavors.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
LOL I have had my tractor for less than a week and have 11 hours on it, not being a tool but just thought it was funny.
good luck with your endeavors.
Yeah we had our first spring like day this past Saturday and I took full advantage of it. Also as a note I don’t live at our rural property. It’s a weekend getaway so tractor time for me is almost always relegated to Saturday and sometimes Sunday :(

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #155  
Yeah we had our first spring like day this past Saturday and I took full advantage of it. Also as a note I don’t live at our rural property. It’s a weekend getaway so tractor time for me is almost always relegated to Saturday and sometimes Sunday :(
we are in the same boat, the tractor is at our second home and we are only there at odd times mostly weekend for me but my wife is a little more flexible, hence the lojack and internet camera system. it is comforting to be able to get a look at what is going on at any time even when we are not there.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #156  
we are in the same boat, the tractor is at our second home and we are only there at odd times mostly weekend for me but my wife is a little more flexible, hence the lojack and internet camera system. it is comforting to be able to get a look at what is going on at any time even when we are not there.

I’m in the same boat as the two of you as well. I was thinking about hiding an AirTag on the tractor.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #158  
The trak 4 system has a relatively cheap subscription service of about $7 per month if paid yearly, has geofencing and customizable reporting periods + 18 month internal battery that can be charged off the 12volt system and take over if someone removes the tractor battery.

word of caution i have the system but not installed yet so it may be a POS in the end but it looks promising.

Update I have installed the system and it was a non-issue the website picked up my tractor location and the geo-fencing was easy to do. very happy with TRAK 4

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #159  
Today has been a good day. I loaded up our 4540 last night and we left at 4:00 AM this morning to make the three hour drive down to Knoxland Equipment in Warren, NH. We purchased our 4540 from Knoxland exactly two years ago on this day. They were hosting an Open House today and requested we arrive early before the crowd arrived, which is preferable for me anyways.

We traded our 4540 with 311 hrs. towards a new 5155. I had it set up with loaded rear tires, dual remotes and the narrower 16.9x24 R4's. Operating weight should be almost exactly 8000 lbs. Next time I haul it north to our camp I'll swing into a truck stop and run the combo over some scales (I already know the weight of the truck/trailer). Then we'll know the exact weight.

Anyways, once we got it home and unloaded, me and my S/O (pictured) only had to operate it for about 1 minute each before we agreed that it is far superior to the 4540 in literally every way. I love everything about it.

What a stout machine. Once we finished playing with it I hooked up our 3 pt. wood box and hauled a couple loads of firewood up the hill to be stacked. Where the 4540 would run out of power and bog down, the turbo on the 5155 spools up and the tractor chugs up the hill without a hitch. While it only makes 15 more horsepower at rated RPM, the turbo produces almost twice the amount of torque at lower rpm's (~1500 rpm) and I can tell you that it makes a substantial difference.

I'll be posting more about the machine the more that I use it. First impression though, I love the 5155 and can't wait to try it out on all the chores we used the 4540 for.

Attachments

• 20220430_044131.jpg
    20220430_044131.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
  • 20220430_063439.jpg
    20220430_063439.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 118
  • 20220430_081237.jpg
    20220430_081237.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 128
  • 20220430_115045.jpg
    20220430_115045.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 122
  • Resized_20220430_115927(1).jpeg
    Resized_20220430_115927(1).jpeg
    885.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 20220430_143548.jpg
    20220430_143548.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
That’s awesome Walt! Enjoy the new tractor. So far I only have positive things to say about my 5155. Spent several hours on mine last Saturday and today cleaning up a scrap metal pile and the remains of a huge burn pile. You’ll really appreciate that 55 horsepower turbo. I’ve been running mine at around 1700 RPM which is the E PTO speed. Plenty of grunt without having to run wide open. And you can just hear that little turbo whistling softly