Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #111  
Walt, I use Schaeffer’s Simplex Supreme. It’s a synthetic blend and I’ll tell you that the tractor hydraulic system is much happier with it during winter time. My local NAPA store got it for me in 5 gallon pails at a good price. Maybe you can look at that option where you’re at? I ran it in my previous Mahindra and I run it in my old Yanmar 2210D. And when I change fluid in my 5155, I’ll run it in that too. Hope this helps View attachment 740183

Awesome, yeah that sounds like exactly what I need. That cold fluid hydraulic pump whine is like nails on a chalkboard to me imagining the strain the pump goes through. Thank you sir!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #112  
If you have the serial number of your tractor, you can go to the owners-login on the Mahindra site and download three manuals but not the service manual.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #113  
does anyone know the history of the engine in the 5100 series, to me it looks like the engine out of the 4540/4550, is that correct?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
does anyone know the history of the engine in the 5100 series, to me it looks like the engine out of the 4540/4550, is that correct?
You’re correct. Also same engine as used in the 1538/1640 and 2538/2638. Obviously it has different tuning and for the 5155 they added a small turbo.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #116  
You’re correct. Also same engine as used in the 1538/1640 and 2538/2638. Obviously it has different tuning and for the 5155 they added a small turbo.
Andy thanks for the info, it is interesting that they were getting 50hp out of this engine in the 4550 without the turbo but dropped it back to 45 with out the turbo in the 5145. but anyway i like that this is not a new engine and should be very reliable, i hope the rest of the drive line holds up also.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #117  
IMG_5788.JPG

Will someone take a photo of their PTO shaft housing? I removed my cutter and I noticed three bolts sticking out unprotected. I’m wondering if something fell off or not. I circled the bolts in red in the attached photo. Yes, I know everything is a little dirty at the moment.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
View attachment 741310

Will someone take a photo of their PTO shaft housing? I removed my cutter and I noticed three bolts sticking out unprotected. I’m wondering if something fell off or not. I circled the bolts in red in the attached photo. Yes, I know everything is a little dirty at the moment.
Those are the bolts that hold on the plastic PTO shaft cover that should have been on the tractor when you got it from the dealership. There are Nylock type nuts on there and you loosen them a little and give the cover a quarter turn and it comes off. Then those nuts stay there if you ever wanted to put the cover back on for any reason.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #119  
Those are the bolts that hold on the plastic PTO shaft cover that should have been on the tractor when you got it from the dealership. There are Nylock type nuts on there and you loosen them a little and give the cover a quarter turn and it comes off. Then those nuts stay there if you ever wanted to put the cover back on for any reason.

Thank you. I’m thinking it could have fallen off. Do I need to be concerned? Should I go ahead and order a replacement?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Nothing to worry about at all. If you plan to keep the tractor outside I would just smear some grease on your PTO shaft to keep it from rusting. I don’t think anyone actually uses those covers once they take them off for the first time. How do you like the new tractor so far? Any observations for the rest of us new owners?