Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #291  
John...thank you. I have installed the top link and using your and others advice and it works fine so far. The only thing is that the top link moves too fast for fine adjustment. Am getting a hydraulic flow control valve to slow down he flow.
Might works really fast too, if I wanna adjust slowly,I just barely crack it, it takes practice 😁

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Quick question in regards to the grease zerks, there is one on the right side(passenger)that you can see way up towards the 3 point control, it is way out of reach to get from the bottom, I was wondering if taking the plastic cover off the 3 point control would allow access the this zerk, I mean I have long arms but it's still out of reach ,thoughts?
Yes, that one is a good reach up in there. It’s a 90 degree fitting pointed down towards the ground and while it’s a reach I was able to access from underneath the tractor. You probably could reach it easier from up top but as you said you’d have to pull some plastic covers off and then the fitting would be pointed in the wrong direction. I have a loc and lube fitting on my grease gun and a long hose. Makes these easier to service. There’s a fitting on the drivers side at a similar location next to the gas tank that is not easy to get at either. It actually had a 90 degree fitting on it too but it made it inaccessible. So I removed that and put a straight fitting on it that made it point straight down. Now I can get that one from below as well. Only the two under the floor mat for the clutch need to be accessed from topside. Hope this helps.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Ok so I lied. And now I’m considering a political career :sneaky:. But I started looking at the area up near the three point and remote valve controls. And from behind the tractor I could see another grease fitting in there aimed up. So I took the plastic cover that goes over the three point and remote valve levers and there’s actually three grease fittings in there. Two serve the remote pivots and one serves the three point pivot. I’ve attached a photo showing them and this picture is taken standing back by the rear of the tractor looking forward. You have to remove about 6 Phillips head screws and pop the electrical connector off of the 12 volt power Jack and the whole cover comes off to give easy access to these three fittings. Not sure if these ones are in the owners manual or not but they’re on the tractor for sure. Hopefully this helps others. DE561CEC-150B-4446-85AC-3BE2B495C687.jpeg
Yes, that one is a good reach up in there. It’s a 90 degree fitting pointed down towards the ground and while it’s a reach I was able to access from underneath the tractor. You probably could reach it easier from up top but as you said you’d have to pull some plastic covers off and then the fitting would be pointed in the wrong direction. I have a loc and lube fitting on my grease gun and a long hose. Makes these easier to service. There’s a fitting on the drivers side at a similar location next to the gas tank that is not easy to get at either. It actually had a 90 degree fitting on it too but it made it inaccessible. So I removed that and put a straight fitting on it that made it point straight down. Now I can get that one from below as well. Only the two under the floor mat for the clutch need to be accessed from topside. Hope this helps.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #295  
Ok so I lied. And now I’m considering a political career :sneaky:. But I started looking at the area up near the three point and remote valve controls. And from behind the tractor I could see another grease fitting in there aimed up. So I took the plastic cover that goes over the three point and remote valve levers and there’s actually three grease fittings in there. Two serve the remote pivots and one serves the three point pivot. I’ve attached a photo showing them and this picture is taken standing back by the rear of the tractor looking forward. You have to remove about 6 Phillips head screws and pop the electrical connector off of the 12 volt power Jack and the whole cover comes off to give easy access to these three fittings. Not sure if these ones are in the owners manual or not but they’re on the tractor for sure. Hopefully this helps others. View attachment 753507

Really! Nice work, Andy. That's good to know, I'll be greasing those on my tractor today. I just checked through the owners manual, couldn't find any reference of those fittings. Makes me wonder how many others aren't mentioned.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #296  
Ok so I lied. And now I’m considering a political career :sneaky:. But I started looking at the area up near the three point and remote valve controls. And from behind the tractor I could see another grease fitting in there aimed up. So I took the plastic cover that goes over the three point and remote valve levers and there’s actually three grease fittings in there. Two serve the remote pivots and one serves the three point pivot. I’ve attached a photo showing them and this picture is taken standing back by the rear of the tractor looking forward. You have to remove about 6 Phillips head screws and pop the electrical connector off of the 12 volt power Jack and the whole cover comes off to give easy access to these three fittings. Not sure if these ones are in the owners manual or not but they’re on the tractor for sure. Hopefully this helps others. View attachment 753507
Man, thanks alot, for the info, i'll be doing mine tomorrow

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #297  
man they put the grease fittings on this thing. I cannot keep up with all of them.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
man they put the grease fittings on this thing. I cannot keep up with all of them.
They definitely didn’t skimp on zerk fittings. But once you finally figure out where they’re all at, it’s pretty straight forward. So I think in summary everything can be accessed from below the tractor. With the exception of the two under the floor mat for the clutch, and the three under the plastic cover by the three point/remote control area. All things considered I really like that they put that many grease points on the tractor. Sealed assemblies are never really sealed and water and grime always finds it’s way in. At least being able to grease tends to force that stuff out. I will admit it’s definitely got a lot more grease fittings than any other tractor I’ve ever owned or worked on.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #299  
The bucket on the 5155 has holes near the front edge that look like they are for bolts to hold on teeth. Has anyone put teeth on theirs?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
The bucket on the 5155 has holes near the front edge that look like they are for bolts to hold on teeth. Has anyone put teeth on theirs?
In the owners manual they mentioned that a bolt on tooth bar would be available. So not sure if available yet but you might ask your dealership and he might know. For digging a tooth really helps.