Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #301  
In the owners manual they mentioned that a bolt on tooth bar would be available. So not sure if available yet but you might ask your dealership and he might know. For digging a tooth really helps.
it will be available Soon (like when hell freezes over) and at an affordable price of either an arm or a leg (your choice).
Jk i have no idea nor does my dealer but if it is like the diverter valve at $2,600.00, no thanks

also with how well this thing digs without the tooth bar i do not think i need it, these photos are undisturbed packed soil or clay without loaded tires just a box blade on the rear.

Attachments

• bucket 1.jpg
    bucket 1.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 101
  • bucket 2.jpg
    bucket 2.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #302  
is anyone else having issues keeping the pins and keepers in place on the 5100 series. my 3pt lift arm lost a pin at the pivot and was dangling, the pins that limit the swing of the drawbar kept losing the keepers so i took them out and let the draw bar swing from side to side at will. the keeper in the pittlel connection at the end of the draw bar lost the keeper, not that big of a deal because of the double lock on that system. and last night i found out that one of the retaining pins for the FEL stand had left the tractor with out leave.

at this rate i will have to lojack the various parts of my tractor so that i can find them in the field.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #303  
Ok so I lied. And now I’m considering a political career :sneaky:. But I started looking at the area up near the three point and remote valve controls. And from behind the tractor I could see another grease fitting in there aimed up. So I took the plastic cover that goes over the three point and remote valve levers and there’s actually three grease fittings in there. Two serve the remote pivots and one serves the three point pivot. I’ve attached a photo showing them and this picture is taken standing back by the rear of the tractor looking forward. You have to remove about 6 Phillips head screws and pop the electrical connector off of the 12 volt power Jack and the whole cover comes off to give easy access to these three fittings. Not sure if these ones are in the owners manual or not but they’re on the tractor for sure. Hopefully this helps others. View attachment 753507
thats it! Andy for POTUS!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #304  
It's ironic that you guys mentioned toothbars, I ordered a Piranha Bar about a month ago and it got delivered today. I'll install it at some point this week and post some pictures/my opinion of how it works. I wanted one mainly to reduce strain on the FEL while digging. I slightly tweaked the FEL on my previously owner 4540 trying to dig through unbroken ground. Theoretically, the toothbar should help the cutting edge of the bucket break ground easier, reducing strain on the 5155's FEL.

As for the keeper pins DaBear, I haven't lost any yet on this tractor, but I do check them regularly. I lost some off of the 4540 a couple times, typically after working in/around brush.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
It's ironic that you guys mentioned toothbars, I ordered a Piranha Bar about a month ago and it got delivered today. I'll install it at some point this week and post some pictures/my opinion of how it works. I wanted one mainly to reduce strain on the FEL while digging. I slightly tweaked the FEL on my previously owner 4540 trying to dig through unbroken ground. Theoretically, the toothbar should help the cutting edge of the bucket break ground easier, reducing strain on the 5155's FEL.

As for the keeper pins DaBear, I haven't lost any yet on this tractor, but I do check them regularly. I lost some off of the 4540 a couple times, typically after working in/around brush.
Walt, did the Piranha bar come with the hole pattern to match the bucket? I agree that for digging a tooth bar is the way to go. I’d be interested to know if the bar was a direct bolt on installation. And I haven’t had any pins fall off or loosen up yet either.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #306  
Walt, did the Piranha bar come with the hole pattern to match the bucket? I agree that for digging a tooth bar is the way to go. I’d be interested to know if the bar was a direct bolt on installation. And I haven’t had any pins fall off or loosen up yet either.

Nope, it does not match the hole pattern of the bucket. The way it is designed, it basically clamps itself to the cutting edge with wedges, then is secured with one bolt on each end through the side of the bucket. So, drilling one hole on each end of the bucket is required to mount it. By the looks of it, the toothbar should extend under the bucket's cutting edge enough to cover the bolt holes, so if someone wanted to drill additional holes in the toothbar, they could add those bolts. I may do that for peace of mind, even though it'll likely be a lot of work drilling those holes... I'll know for sure once I try it on the bucket.

Attachments

• large_36_p9290033.jpg
    large_36_p9290033.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 83
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Thanks Walt. That’s pretty cool looking. Send some pics when you get it installed and let us know how it works for you. My 5155 digs well without the tooth bar, but I agree that a tooth bar would reduce how hard you have to push in order to dig. And this should reduce stresses on the loader and tractor over time.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #308  
Nope, it does not match the hole pattern of the bucket. The way it is designed, it basically clamps itself to the cutting edge with wedges, then is secured with one bolt on each end through the side of the bucket. So, drilling one hole on each end of the bucket is required to mount it. By the looks of it, the toothbar should extend under the bucket's cutting edge enough to cover the bolt holes, so if someone wanted to drill additional holes in the toothbar, they could add those bolts. I may do that for peace of mind, even though it'll likely be a lot of work drilling those holes... I'll know for sure once I try it on the bucket.
just do 1 or 2 inthe center

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #309  
Yes, that one is a good reach up in there. It’s a 90 degree fitting pointed down towards the ground and while it’s a reach I was able to access from underneath the tractor. You probably could reach it easier from up top but as you said you’d have to pull some plastic covers off and then the fitting would be pointed in the wrong direction. I have a loc and lube fitting on my grease gun and a long hose. Makes these easier to service. There’s a fitting on the drivers side at a similar location next to the gas tank that is not easy to get at either. It actually had a 90 degree fitting on it too but it made it inaccessible. So I removed that and put a straight fitting on it that made it point straight down. Now I can get that one from below as well. Only the two under the floor mat for the clutch need to be accessed from topside. Hope this helps.
I love this thing

the locknlube is nice but expensive, this thing is cheap and can get onto fittings the locknlube can't

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?