Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #421  
I was only planning on the tractor with the front end loader and loaded tires, nothing else
then the 12k would do the job IMO, the tractor has an 11.5ft wheelbase so a 16ft clear 12k trailer would do it. In a pinch if you do not have ramps in the way, you could even hang a light implement off the back. The tractor + 1000 lbs of accessories will have it maxed out.
enjoy your tractor.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
I was only planning on the tractor with the front end loader and loaded tires, nothing else
Then you could legally and safely do it with a 12,000 pound rated trailer. But it would likely take you right near the rated load so you could add anything later and still be legit. Idk what state you’re in but here in Pennsylvania they watch for things like overloaded trailers and particularly trailers above 14,000 lbs being towed by 1/2 ton trucks etc. hopefully that’s not an issue where you’re at. As others have said, make sure your trailer, regardless of the size has good working brakes on it and that your truck has the brake controller to operate them. It’s a lot of weight and it will push your truck if you don’t have good trailer brakes. And that’s not a fun time. Have fun and be safe. A tilting bed equipment trailer rated at least 12k is a nice match for what you’re doing. Easy loading and unloading and no ramps to mess with.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
you mean more than right? you are adding 1300 lbs for FEL, i cannot find the doc but i think i saw 1690 lbs shipping weight for the FEL. anyway we are beating this to death, I think the original question is answered min 12k and if you plan on taking much along with you 14k at least.
The Mahindra weight data I cited came directly from the Mahindra website for both the tractor and the loader. So when you take those weights and add the known additional weight of the rear ballast you come up 800 lbs LESS than what I know mine weighs by certified scales. So for his original question, the tractor with loaded R4 rears and loader actually weighs 8,940 lbs. I gave that information to my dealer and he was going to pass it on to Mahindra. So I can’t say what the bare tractor weighs. Or what just the loader weighs since I didn’t weigh the tractor without the loader. But the combination of those two don’t weigh what Mahindra says they weigh. They actually weigh about 800 lbs more. Which to me is good. I upgraded to this tractor expressly for the increased footprint and weight. And I got more of the latter than I anticipated. I have a Ram 1,500 with the Hemi and the towing package with factory brake controller. I would not feel comfortable towing this tractor with it or any half ton truck. For me it’s too much for a half ton.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #424  
The Mahindra weight data I cited came directly from the Mahindra website for both the tractor and the loader. So when you take those weights and add the known additional weight of the rear ballast you come up 800 lbs LESS than what I know mine weighs by certified scales. So for his original question, the tractor with loaded R4 rears and loader actually weighs 8,940 lbs. I gave that information to my dealer and he was going to pass it on to Mahindra. So I can’t say what the bare tractor weighs. Or what just the loader weighs since I didn’t weigh the tractor without the loader. But the combination of those two don’t weigh what Mahindra says they weigh. They actually weigh about 800 lbs more. Which to me is good. I upgraded to this tractor expressly for the increased footprint and weight. And I got more of the latter than I anticipated. I have a Ram 1,500 with the Hemi and the towing package with factory brake controller. I would not feel comfortable towing this tractor with it or any half ton truck. For me it’s too much for a half ton.
I've got a 3/4 ton Ram 2500 hemi with the factory brake controller but I'd still be a little nervous about towing something that heavy.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #425  
The brochure for the 5155 lists the weight at 5,390 lbs, but what is the actual weight of the tractor with the bucket on? Also, what would be the best trailer to haul this tractor with?
I think that might be dry weight....seems like I was on a thread awhile back and a guy weighed his at a truck stop scale, and iam wanting to say it's closer to 6300-6500lbs...PS: I tow mine with a f150....it's a little hairy..I have plenty of stopping power, just not enough pulling power, I don't tow it far either, maybe 10-15 mile tops, and I go really slow 🤣

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
I think that might be dry weight....seems like I was on a thread awhile back and a guy weighed his at a truck stop scale, and iam wanting to say it's closer to 6300-6500lbs...PS: I tow mine with a f150....it's a little hairy..I have plenty of stopping power, just not enough pulling power, I don't tow it far either, maybe 10-15 mile tops, and I go really slow 🤣
Just be careful. Pulling is rarely the problem. It’s stopping and turning with that much weight behind you. It’s a tail wagging the dog situation. At any rate, I love the tractor. A whole different class of machine compared to the 40 horsepower compact I had.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #427  
Would a 24ft long trailer be overkill for hauling this tractor? Would I be okay with a 20 footer? Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot later by not getting a long enough trailer now

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #428  
I have a 5545 that is about same weight you are looking at. After spending months looking at different trailer designs and ramp combinations I settled on a 20 ft so I would have enough room to keep my hitch weight in a respectable range. I preferred slide in ramps as opposed to ramp gates. The trailer I bought is about 3500 pounds with 14k axels. Total GW including tractor, FEL and one 3pt attachment is around to 12k.
IMO like to have a safety margin due to the possibility of having unexpected problems in needing to add some extra equipment. ( like a tool box or hydraulic jacks). Good luck on your decision.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #429  
Would a 24ft long trailer be overkill for hauling this tractor? Would I be okay with a 20 footer? Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot later by not getting a long enough trailer now
after beating this to death earlier, IMO i would look for a 14k at least 20ft, 24ft if you have a truck that will pull it and personally can handle a 24 footer. slide in ramps that will support this tractor are heavy so keep that in mind, maybe look at 24ft with tilt up ramps. all of this depends on what you are wanting to do. if you just want to haul the tractor and nothing else a 20ft 12k trailer will do it, but box blades and brush hogs are heavy / take up space. slide in ramps allow you to hang a brush hog off the back (depending).

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #430  
Just be careful. Pulling is rarely the problem. It’s stopping and turning with that much weight behind you. It’s a tail wagging the dog situation. At any rate, I love the tractor. A whole different class of machine compared to the 40 horsepower compact I had.
UPDATE: I traded the F-150 in on a Ram 2500 turbo Cummins diesel , problem solved 😁