Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
The brochure for the 5155 lists the weight at 5,390 lbs, but what is the actual weight of the tractor with the bucket on? Also, what would be the best trailer to haul this tractor with?
The published weight is not correct. I had mine weighed on a certified scale. The tractor, loader, and loaded rear R4 tires was 8,940 lbs without me on it. So you’re going to likely need a trailer rated for 12,000 lbs to haul it safely and legally. It’s a heavy machine! Hope this helps.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #413  
The published weight is not correct. I had mine weighed on a certified scale. The tractor, loader, and loaded rear R4 tires was 8,940 lbs without me on it. So you’re going to likely need a trailer rated for 12,000 lbs to haul it safely and legally. It’s a heavy machine! Hope this helps.
what do you think the loaded tires added? i'm calculating a bare weight for the tractor and loader of around 7100 lbs so if the loaded tires added 900 lbs per side that makes 8900 lbs by my calculation based on factory 5390 lbs for bare tractor. I'm figuring 9000 lbs for tractor before you add implements is a good number to figure for towing safely. add the weight of the trailer itself say 2000 lbs and a 12000 lbs rated trailer would only have 1000 lbs for implements, i figure you need to plan on a 14k trailer allowing for 3000 lbs of accesories. needless to say my current 7k trailer and 6200 lbs rated tahoe will not handle it.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #414  
what do you think the loaded tires added? i'm calculating a bare weight for the tractor and loader of around 7100 lbs so if the loaded tires added 900 lbs per side that makes 8900 lbs by my calculation based on factory 5390 lbs for bare tractor. I'm figuring 9000 lbs for tractor before you add implements is a good number to figure for towing safely. add the weight of the trailer itself say 2000 lbs and a 12000 lbs rated trailer would only have 1000 lbs for implements, i figure you need to plan on a 14k trailer allowing for 3000 lbs of accesories. needless to say my current 7k trailer and 6200 lbs rated tahoe will not handle it.
My idea was getting a 14k gvwr trailer, just not sure I have enough truck to tow it lol

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
The original question wasn’t what size trailer was needed for the tractor and loader and loaded tires and implements. It was what size trailer would be needed for the tractor with the loader and loaded rears. And at roughly 8,940 lbs for those items a 12,000 pound rated trailer would be plenty to haul it. If you want to also haul additional implements, and maybe a spare diesel tank, and a ballast box, etc then a 14,000 pound rated trailer is not sufficient either. If you intend to haul more than the tractor with the loader, then not only trailer weight rating is different but so would the physical size of the trailer. All of that “stuff” takes up a lot of room and would require a pretty long trailer as well just to physically fit it all. So you’d definitely be into at least a 3/4 ton truck and a really big trailer to go with.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
The loaded R4 rears add 685 lbs each based on a 75% fill and rim guard’s table. The Mahindra data says that the bare tractor weighs 5,390 lbs. And the tractor and loader weighs 6,690 lbs. if you add the 1,370 lbs that the beet juice adds, then that comes to 8,060 lbs. Thats 880 lbs less than what mine actually weighs. So as I said, Mahindra’s stated weight is not correct. Either the tractor or the loader or both combined weigh about 900 lbs than what they publish.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #418  
The original question wasn’t what size trailer was needed for the tractor and loader and loaded tires and implements. It was what size trailer would be needed for the tractor with the loader and loaded rears. And at roughly 8,940 lbs for those items a 12,000 pound rated trailer would be plenty to haul it. If you want to also haul additional implements, and maybe a spare diesel tank, and a ballast box, etc then a 14,000 pound rated trailer is not sufficient either. If you intend to haul more than the tractor with the loader, then not only trailer weight rating is different but so would the physical size of the trailer. All of that “stuff” takes up a lot of room and would require a pretty long trailer as well just to physically fit it all. So you’d definitely be into at least a 3/4 ton truck and a really big trailer to go with.
I do not think he was including loaded tires.

"The brochure for the 5155 lists the weight at 5,390 lbs, but what is the actual weight of the tractor with the bucket on? Also, what would be the best trailer to haul this tractor with?"

and you may be correct that it may take more than a 14K trailer. IMO a 12K would be too close, a 14k would be the min IMO. at 14K (with brakes and a good controller). getting a trailer over 14k starts getting expensive. so IMO start looking at a setup rated at 14k figure out how long it needs to be and go from there. IMO the common axles are #3500 and #7000 so you end up with 7k and 14k rated trailers as common as dirt, everything else gets rare and more expensive. if he was not going to do anything other that haul the bare tractor with FEL and loaded tires the 12k would do it but would not allow for much else and i hate towing at the capacity of a trailer, stuff just seems to go wrong faster and the last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a $30k tractor on the side of the road. I guess that the real answer depends on what else he is planning on towing with the tractor.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #419  
The loaded R4 rears add 685 lbs each based on a 75% fill and rim guard’s table. The Mahindra data says that the bare tractor weighs 5,390 lbs. And the tractor and loader weighs 6,690 lbs. if you add the 1,370 lbs that the beet juice adds, then that comes to 8,060 lbs. Thats 880 lbs less than what mine actually weighs. So as I said, Mahindra’s stated weight is not correct. Either the tractor or the loader or both combined weigh about 900 lbs than what they publish.
you mean more than right? you are adding 1300 lbs for FEL, i cannot find the doc but i think i saw 1690 lbs shipping weight for the FEL. anyway we are beating this to death, I think the original question is answered min 12k and if you plan on taking much along with you 14k at least.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #420  
I do not think he was including loaded tires.

"The brochure for the 5155 lists the weight at 5,390 lbs, but what is the actual weight of the tractor with the bucket on? Also, what would be the best trailer to haul this tractor with?"

and you may be correct that it may take more than a 14K trailer. IMO a 12K would be too close, a 14k would be the min IMO. at 14K (with brakes and a good controller). getting a trailer over 14k starts getting expensive. so IMO start looking at a setup rated at 14k figure out how long it needs to be and go from there. IMO the common axles are #3500 and #7000 so you end up with 7k and 14k rated trailers as common as dirt, everything else gets rare and more expensive. if he was not going to do anything other that haul the bare tractor with FEL and loaded tires the 12k would do it but would not allow for much else and i hate towing at the capacity of a trailer, stuff just seems to go wrong faster and the last thing you want is to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a $30k tractor on the side of the road. I guess that the real answer depends on what else he is planning on towing with the tractor.
I was only planning on the tractor with the front end loader and loaded tires, nothing else