Mahindra rotary cutter

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #31  
I have tried that. It works pretty well. However, the hair pins get bent, making them difficult to remove. I may go with the bolt idea.

Two simple solutions to try. Push the hair pins all the way to the loop that way there is nothing to catch. If you don't like that one duct tape the loops so it makes it more difficult for the brush to catch them.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #32  
I have a 6' SD Mahindra mower. It has been good so far but really I would get the "Medium duty" model if I have to do it again. Nothing wrong with the SD, I just push it more than I should. Navasot is right about the galvanized "Modern" mowers. I should have listened to him when I was buying.
I use the 8' heavy duty. I take out up to 3" saplings with it.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #33  
We have the 60" Mahindra rotatry cutter with the slip clutch recommended by our dealer over the shear pin style drive. That slip clutch saved my bunns when I caught the telco box along the road in brush 8' tall. Did not see it as it had been hit by someone else - first time mowing the field - and I went over it. Well, that Mahindra cutter chewed up the box and then when I lifted the cutter, it just fell out the bottom. Did a good look around and said, "Well, let's give 'er a go!" Started the PTO, brought up to speed and moved on to the next adventure - finding the rock piles in the feild that were only a foot and a half high! More bouncing and stressing that Mahindra. The stump jumper also saves you on a rock pile!

Someone wrote about the weight hanging on the back of your tractor and if you get stuck, getting out is a bit troublesome. Yep, same field, I got hung up on grape vines alongside a little brook. You guessed it, we slid down into the brook and no matter what I tried, our Massey 1533 was not getting enough purchase with the front wheels to get 'er up outta there. Another friend told me, if ya own a tractor, ya need a friend with a bigger tractor! Our friend hooked us up with a chain and pulled us right out of that little brook.

I like our brush hog. Took out 1-1/2" diameter samplings along the trails that needed maintenance. Anything bigger we chose to take with a chain saw. I think we could push towards 2" but I didn't want to kill that rotary cutter in our first season! Strong machine and our thanks to T&E Small Engine in Floyd, VA for recommending this brush hog.

Season two is about to begin... let you know if we learn anything new!

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #34  
I use the 8' heavy duty. I take out up to 3" saplings with it.

Who put the stupid link for "take out" in my post? It has nothing to do with the content, and I sure as heck did not put it there.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #35  
It's a type of ad-words thing. Certain things you type will cause such things. When it occurs to me, I generally just reword what I'm saying or place a creative typo to eliminate it.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #36  
Bought a 6’ MD with my 5545....Seal blew out the first day I used it. Haven’t had time to get it back to the dealer yet, but not very happy with it so far.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #37  
I have the 6 ft sd cutter and put about 60 hrs on it last yr cutting head high brush and 1 to 2 inch sumac with it and was very happy with its performance.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #38  
Sounds like an assembly fault. Should be easy to fix. It isn't actually made by Mahindra, as far as I know.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #39  
Sounds like an assembly fault. Should be easy to fix. It isn't actually made by Mahindra, as far as I know.

Our standard 5 ft Mahindra cutter is made by Kodiak, Paladin Attachments, Ooltewah, TN. Mahindra just rebrands the units.

/ Mahindra rotary cutter #40  
Our standard 5 ft Mahindra cutter is made by Kodiak, Paladin Attachments, Ooltewah, TN. Mahindra just rebrands the units.

Yes that is their branded cutter (Kodiak).