Mainfunction Indicator Lamp

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #1  

cajuncattle

Tractor
Ford 7600, Kubota 3830, Mahindra 2555
I recently purchased a new 2555 Shuttle and the mainfunction indicator lamp came on @ 3.6 hours and went off @ 4.0 hours. I called my service manager and he didn't have a answer as to why it did this. This past Friday, It came on again (11.7 hours) and is still on @ 13 hours. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #2  
I recently purchased a new 2555 Shuttle and the mainfunction indicator lamp came on @ 3.6 hours and went off @ 4.0 hours. I called my service manager and he didn't have a answer as to why it did this. This past Friday, It came on again (11.7 hours) and is still on @ 13 hours. Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on?

If the light came on the code should be stored in the computer. The dealer will need to read the code using their scanner.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp
Thanks, looks like I'll be bringing in tomorrow.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #4  
Hi! New to the forum and new to tractors in general. Purchased the 2555 this spring and love it! I had the same light come on around 4 hours, called my dealer and they didn't know (the manual is pretty poorly written IMHO) either. The light went out later that afternoon. Dealer recommended letting it idle high for about 15 minutes, then shut it off and let it cool, then try starting it again. For whatever reason, that seemed to do the trick and I haven't seen the light since (47 hours).

Gotta get this bad boy in for 50 hour service soon... hope it won't break the bank. Don't feel as though I can do the fluids myself yet... maybe in the future.

Karl

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp
Dealer checked to code, and has to do with the emissions system not closing off. By the way, the light went off when I unloaded it at the dealership. Their recommendation was to keep the rpm's up while operating.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #6  
Dealer checked to code, and has to do with the emissions system not closing off. By the way, the light went off when I unloaded it at the dealership. Their recommendation was to keep the rpm's up while operating.

I have also have 2555 and was wondering what is meant by "emission system not closing off". I have not had any malfunction light illuminated, but I would like to understand what you have described in the event that I do.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #7  
Coincidence? I just got my 2555 home today and was showing/demonstrating it for the 3rd time to a group of friends. I started it and when I went to raise the rpm from idle to mid, a small puff of white exhaust smoke. Then I saw that the "m/l" light (in the shape of an engine) came on (steady, not flashing). The clock is at 2.6 hours. Everything seems normal. I'll try what you did and see if that helps. If not, I'll disconnect the battery overnight and see if that clears the code. If the code returns, there could be a problem.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #8  
Coincidence? I just got my 2555 home today and was showing/demonstrating it for the 3rd time to a group of friends. I started it and when I went to raise the rpm from idle to mid, a small puff of white exhaust smoke. Then I saw that the "m/l" light (in the shape of an engine) came on (steady, not flashing). The clock is at 2.6 hours. Everything seems normal. I'll try what you did and see if that helps. If not, I'll disconnect the battery overnight and see if that clears the code. If the code returns, there could be a problem.

Hey Uncle Hulka, sorry to hear you have issues so early on! Just curious, were you running the tractor at low rpm's before the light came on? Seems to be contributing factor with some, although I don't quite understand why.
Hope it all works out. Keep us posted.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #9  
Hey Uncle Hulka, sorry to hear you have issues so early on! Just curious, were you running the tractor at low rpm's before the light came on? Seems to be contributing factor with some, although I don't quite understand why.
Hope it all works out. Keep us posted.

Yes, since the tractor only had about an hour on it when I picked it up, I thought I would treat her gently for the first couple hours. I don't know what the break-in precedure consists of. I didn't see that procedure in either the owner's or Service manual.

I'm sure it was just a minor hiccup, but as long as that light is lit, it will bother me.

I will try a high idle for 15+ minutes, shut her down for a couple hours and see what happens.

BTW, is there a break-in procedure, or is it not needed?

Will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #10  
Yes, since the tractor only had about an hour on it when I picked it up, I thought I would treat her gently for the first couple hours. I don't know what the break-in precedure consists of. I didn't see that procedure in either the owner's or Service manual.

I'm sure it was just a minor hiccup, but as long as that light is lit, it will bother me.

I will try a high idle for 15+ minutes, shut her down for a couple hours and see what happens.

BTW, is there a break-in procedure, or is it not needed?

Will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

Good question about break-in and it probably deserves an answer from some one with a higher pay grade than me. Good luck