Mainfunction Indicator Lamp

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #11  
Yes, since the tractor only had about an hour on it when I picked it up, I thought I would treat her gently for the first couple hours. I don't know what the break-in precedure consists of. I didn't see that procedure in either the owner's or Service manual.

I'm sure it was just a minor hiccup, but as long as that light is lit, it will bother me.

I will try a high idle for 15+ minutes, shut her down for a couple hours and see what happens.

BTW, is there a break-in procedure, or is it not needed?

Will keep everyone posted. Thanks!

UPDATE......

The tractor has been performing flawlessly. No abnormal behavior or performance. I disconnected the battery for a few hours this afternoon to see if that would clear the code and turn off the dash light.

SUCCESS!

If at some point the light does comes back on, I'll investigate further. For now, everything seems A-OK!

Thanks to all!

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp
Sorry I'm so late late getting back to this thread. I didn't really understand my dealer when he was explaining the problem, but it has to do with EGR system.
The light came on again while raking hay and I just kept the rpm's up and it eventually went off. From time to time, I also have the puff of white smoke, but that's not when the light comes on.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #13  
Thanks for jumping back in. Still running great without issue!

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #14  
Good to let these engines run below half throttle the first few minutes of operation.. If you run them up right after being cranked you will get the smoke.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #15  
New to the site. I have a 2555 HST, just purchased last month. I was using it yesterday at various rpm's and the light came on. So if i'm reading this correctly if I just disconnect the battery and let the ecm reset it self the light should go out.

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #16  
New to the site. I have a 2555 HST, just purchased last month. I was using it yesterday at various rpm's and the light came on. So if i'm reading this correctly if I just disconnect the battery and let the ecm reset it self the light should go out.
Not sure if disconnecting the batt. will clear ECU codes. According to the ECU manual 3 warm up cycles will clear a non active code. Best advice for 2555 and 2565 owners is to run the engine RPMs high. Low RPM tends to soot up the EGR valve and ECU codes to pop up.:thumbsup:

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #17  
As you know from this thread, my 2555 HST did the same thing. Disconnected the battery for a few minutes; Problem solved with no further issue.

Just this past weekend, I allowed the tractor to run for quite awhile at low RPM (approx 1,000). Since I wasn't 'working' the tractor at all, I didn't see the need to maintain a high RPM.

All of a sudden I noticed the MIL was on. This would lead me to assume that there is a correlation between prolonged low RPM operation and the triggering of the MIL, probably due to soot build up.

If the MIL doesn't go out after 6 or more start cycles, I will disconnect the battery as I did before. That should clear the code.

I just wanted to share my own experiences. As for me personally? Going forward I will keep the RPM's hight (1,800) even when not under load!

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #18  
Look at my post relating to the 2555 egr problems, tractors are running to rich causing MIL lamps to appear. if egr is taken off you would fine unburned fuel gumming up egr. \\

There is a fix being released soon. Mahindra states to run tractor above 1500 RPM at all times

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #19  
Jabonee ,
Thank you for the info. Saturday when I started it I noticed a lot of white smoke. I can only guess that the emissions cleared them self. After the tractor at working at high RPM's the light went out and no issues.
Lesson learned...

/ Mainfunction Indicator Lamp #20  
Jabonee ,
Thank you for the info. Saturday when I started it I noticed a lot of white smoke. I can only guess that the emissions cleared them self. After the tractor at working at high RPM's the light went out and no issues.
Lesson learned...

Good deal. Remember it 3 warm up cycles to clear MIL light not start cycles. Keep the RPMs up.