MALWARE BLOCKED

/ MALWARE BLOCKED
Good to know. I'm 99% sure it was linked to a specific ad network, which we disabled.-
This issue still exist as of today. Avast locked the link to this site after the warning popped up. No second chance viewing. For example, If I search the net on "clutch adjustment on a MF 135" and it pointed to this forum. I click the link. Avast (ding ding ding) and warns of a threat. Then it shut out that page from being viewed. Something in the code is triggering a false threat. I hope it's a false threat anyways.

OS is Windows 7 64 bit, 8 Gb ram, Toshiba A505. All updated and virus defintions are up to date.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED #22  
This issue still exist as of today. Avast locked the link to this site after the warning popped up. No second chance viewing. .

I was using Avast and started to get similar errors......got so bad I switched to AVG......no Problems since.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED #23  
Not getting warning messages here. Using Avast, Firefox with NoScript add-in which blocks url's unless I permit them. Before NoScript I was unaware of how many different sites, generally ad related, were "under the covers" at literally EVERY site I visit. I recommend NoScript if you are willing to forbid/allow sites manually on occasion.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED
texasjohn said:
Not getting warning messages here. Using Avast, Firefox with NoScript add-in which blocks url's unless I permit them. Before NoScript I was unaware of how many different sites, generally ad related, were "under the covers" at literally EVERY site I visit. I recommend NoScript if you are willing to forbid/allow sites manually on occasion.

john, running Explorer v9 with Avast. i think Muhammad's explanation of scripting is certainly the problem which Avast deems as a possible threat. in reality it could be, but knowing who your dealing with, he knows the threats don't exist. i believe in Avast you can elect to ignore and allow the site thru even if it goes against their software logic. you then bypass Avast security and your on your own on that said site.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED #25  
I have no actual concerns regarding TBN having malware in it.

I do like using NoScript with Firefox...for example, it reports that this page accesses the following URL's

tractorbynet.com I allow it to run scripts

viglink.com not allowed to run scripts
googlesyndication.com not allowed to run scripts
googleadservices.com not allowed to run scripts

google-analytics.com I allow it to run scripts, can't remember why, so I FORBID it, TBN still seems to respond OK.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED #26  
Ok, I have FINALLY been able to duplicate this with avast and internet explorer. I see what's happening but not exactly sure what's causing it since the same pages that are being flagged through google results are not being flagged when accessed directly through the site. I'll contact avast directly and see why this is happening.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED
Muhammad said:
Ok, I have FINALLY been able to duplicate this with avast and internet explorer. I see what's happening but not exactly sure what's causing it since the same pages that are being flagged through google results are not being flagged when accessed directly through the site. I'll contact avast directly and see why this is happening.

That's exactly the way it was acting here. I switched over to AVG which doesn't seem to have as many options as Avast unless you put up $30 bucks. Now I can at least search the site thru Google. Using search switches you can actually search Tractorbynet.com thru Google using the site: option that some may not know about. Thanks for investigating this Muhammad.

/ MALWARE BLOCKED #28  
And what's nice about the site:tractorbynet.com search is the results are much better than our own site search. :laughing: We're planning to switch over to a google-powered search soon. On the to-do list. :cool:

/ MALWARE BLOCKED
Muhammad said:
And what's nice about the site:tractorbynet.com search is the results are much better than our own site search. :laughing: We're planning to switch over to a google-powered search soon. On the to-do list. :cool:

you da man.. :thumbsup:

/ MALWARE BLOCKED #30  
OK, we made a change that should have fixed the warnings. I don't have avast at home so can't check it until tomorrow morning. But please let me know if the warnings are gone for you.