Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #161  
I get what you are saying, my point was more to say that they aren't like stray dogs. A round follows physics. Shooters should still have a good backstop or adequate distance to allow for such events.
Yes, know your target, know your backstop. Then go hunt squirrels in trees with a .22 or target shoot in a gravel pit. :unsure:

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #162  
Yes, know your target, know your backstop. Then go hunt squirrels in trees with a .22 or target shoot in a gravel pit. :unsure:
Any time that I shoot something off a limb with my .22 pistol, the tree is my backstop. I also won't do it unless I'm out in the woods, miles from the nearest house. I once chased a squirrel out of my house with that .22, then round and round a tree trying to get a shot. I then walked inside for a shotgun and took care of him.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #164  
True story. Early 80s, my wife and i and another couple were roller skating in Lake Geneva WI, a very affluent kind of resort town in the south of the state. It's been taken over years ago by rich people from Chicago, FIBs. Huge mansions. Blues brothers scene filmed there driving on the beach announcing the concert for the penguin.

All the sudden i feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, i thought i'd been bit by a big bug or something. I'd been shot with a pellet gun, i guess an air rifle? blood running down my arm but not a big deal really.

on the way out of town we drove by the spot i was shot. my buddy says, holy chit, there's 2 kids with a rifle hiding in the Bushes!

this part is great. i had a 68 catalina convertible, top down, white with a red interior, beautiful. i cranked that sucker up over the curb, drove straight down the front lawn of this huge mansion right at the kids. the wife's were screaming.

one kid got away but i got the other one and the rifle! we put him in the backseat and drove all over hell trying to find police station. finally we just took him home.

all the time my wife is whispering....kidnapping. i almost took the rifle and shot the kid but didn't

we get to his house and there are 4-5 cop cars there and they all pulled their guns. The kids fat mom is screaming, my wife is screaming, and cops are pissed off over the whole scene.

the mom wants me arrested for kidnapping and my wife wants the kid arrested for attempted murder. i just wanted to shoot the kid, eye for an eye.

end of the day, good good, everybody slides.

the local cops HATE the FIBS, especially the fat rich wives!
You were lucky you weren't arrested. Today you would be.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #165  
I'm not buying the " they didn't know about death" line. That's a ridiculous trend in the no accountability crap we're experiencing in this country.
After watching the Slender Man case in WI where two girls tried to kill their best friend I am starting to think old men maybe out of touch with reality of what's going on in the mind of some young kids today. Guns and knives are now banded in schools today for a reason.

Last edited:
   / Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #166  
You were lucky you weren't arrested. Today you would be.

True story. Early 80s, my wife and i and another couple were roller skating in Lake Geneva WI, a very affluent kind of resort town in the south of the state. It's been taken over years ago by rich people from Chicago, FIBs. Huge mansions. Blues brothers scene filmed there driving on the beach announcing the concert for the penguin.

All the sudden i feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, i thought i'd been bit by a big bug or something. I'd been shot with a pellet gun, i guess an air rifle? blood running down my arm but not a big deal really.

on the way out of town we drove by the spot i was shot. my buddy says, holy chit, there's 2 kids with a rifle hiding in the Bushes!

this part is great. i had a 68 catalina convertible, top down, white with a red interior, beautiful. i cranked that sucker up over the curb, drove straight down the front lawn of this huge mansion right at the kids. the wife's were screaming.

one kid got away but i got the other one and the rifle! we put him in the backseat and drove all over hell trying to find police station. finally we just took him home.

all the time my wife is whispering....kidnapping. i almost took the rifle and shot the kid but didn't

we get to his house and there are 4-5 cop cars there and they all pulled their guns. The kids fat mom is screaming, my wife is screaming, and cops are pissed off over the whole scene.

the mom wants me arrested for kidnapping and my wife wants the kid arrested for attempted murder. i just wanted to shoot the kid, eye for an eye.

end of the day, good good, everybody slides.

the local cops HATE the FIBS, especially the fat rich wives!
That's an awesome story. Sounds like something out of a movie.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #167  
Sad, parents should be held accountable.

One of the reasons I stopped hunting, too many just shoot at anything that moves.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #169  
I really don't understand how anyone can let 8,9 and 10 year olders run around with 22s by themselves. I barely trust kids with pellet guns when they hit 16 and even then I am very wary around them.
Really depends on the kid in my opinion ..... I've met some who were far more responsible, and mature than adults I've met who were in their 40's, 50's and 60's. ...granted some of the latter have occasionally set a very low bar to surpass. :rolleyes:

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #170  
My son and I were at the indoor range last night. Next to us was a maybe 12-14 yr old girl with her dad trying to teach her to shoot an AR.
Bullets were downrange, but some hit ceiling. It was kinda scary. The kid looked like she was only trying to make her father happy. Very uncomfortable. Fortunately they finished up quickly and we could relax.