Man's Best Friend

/ Man's Best Friend #12  
Re: Man\'s Best Friend

Dogs are incredible! Molson, my aging alpha male, pulled me out of a springhouse a few winters ago when I fell in headfirst and couldn't get a grip on the ice to pull myself out. I was hanging upside down with the top of my head in the coldest water I ever had the misfortune of tangling with, wondering how long before I slipped further in, when he clamped onto my pants leg and tugged with everything he had!

And some people call them "pets" derisively, like they were some sort of messy hobby!

Pete

/ Man's Best Friend #13  

Yeah, they're more than just pets, they are full fledged members of the family - and in our case probably the best behaved family members. Our dog died a month ago at age 15 1/2 and I still get tears in my eyes walking past the grave /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I sure loved that dog.

/ Man's Best Friend #14  

You can't have a better and more loyal and loving friend than a dog!! My dogs are my pals, and I consider them people, which as far as I'm concerned is a compliment to people!!

/ Man's Best Friend #15  

Ken,

Sorry to hear about your loss! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I can imagine how you feel. I'm not looking forward to that eventuality with our dog.

A couple of weeks ago, the wife, mother-in-law and I visited a flea market at a neighboring county fairground. They had wandered off in one direction, and I in the opposite direction. I turned a corner, and here was a display of pet stone monuments with all of these emotional phrases. They were really wonderful, and they brought a tear(s) to my eyes just to read them. Just then the 2 ladies walked up and asked me what was the matter. I pointed to the headstones, and about a minute later there were 2 ladies standing there crying!

And you're right. They are full fledged members of the family. And I wouldn't have it any other way! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Man's Best Friend #16  

Garry,

Thanks for the condolences. Funny you should mention the pet monuments - we got one for our dog. At first I was kind of embarrassed about it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but heck - for all the love and loyalty that dog gave us she deserves to be remembered /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Man's Best Friend #17  

This Man's best Friend broke loose this morning around 5:30. I didn't know it until I went to see why he was so quiet. He was gone. I went looking with the 1,000,000cp spotlight. Nothing. Kept looking on foot until daylight and the fog cleared. Then got in the truck........drove all over, handed out my number to approx 50 people. A neighbor finally brought him home at 10:30. Longest hours I've seen for a long time. The road is very close and the speed limit is 55. Of course everyone goes 65. All I could think of was.........well, I think you all know.

But Buddy is home safe /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Man's Best Friend #18  

Jerry, those can be scary times. Being close to a road it's all to easy to expect the worst. It's great that Buddy is safe and a good neighbor returned him directly to you rather than calling animal control. Hope you bought him or her a beer!

/ Man's Best Friend #19  

I offered..........but it was 10:30 in the morning....he declined /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Man's Best Friend #20  

Oooohhhh! I thought they brought the dog back at 10:30 PM /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif