Massey 230 front pto shaft removal?

/ Massey 230 front pto shaft removal?
The sucky part is it's not even my tractor, it belongs to my BIL! LOL Ordering parts now.

/ Massey 230 front pto shaft removal? #22  
The sucky part is it's not even my tractor, it belongs to my BIL! LOL Ordering parts now.

That's a bummer! Hey, good on you for fixing it, though! At least it'll be good for a long while now, and maybe he'll let you keep borrowing it. :)

Long story short, when my FIL passed away my MIL gave their nice little MF to my BIL with the stipulation I/we could use it whenever we wanted. I called him a few weeks ago to see if the tractor was available and he told me he sold it! My wife was pizzed to say the least. Then he bought the first one he came to because his GF told him he couldn't get another tractor. he lives in a rented trailer and really has no use for a tractor. I use it once a year to get some wood. So anyway, now I have this on my hands. If I borrow anything I always take better care of it than if it was my own. I honestly thought I could repair/replace just the front pto shaft and be done but nope. LOL Oh well.

Any tips on getting the pin out? I read somewhere that a guy took a piece of all thread and made a puller, that's probably the route I will go unless you guys have a better suggestion.
Thanks

/ Massey 230 front pto shaft removal? #24  
Making a puller is probably your best bet. A little heat may also help it start to move.

After reading your story, seems like the machine should stay at your house and let your BIL use it when needed! ;)

I haven't started to fuss with it yet, I want the new part here first. The place where I ordered the part is way out in WA and hasn't given me a tracking number so I have no idea when I'll see it, I'm guessing Monday/Tuesday. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend.

/ Massey 230 front pto shaft removal? #26  
In your photos l see another attempted weld "repair" on the crankshaft pulley , might be worth while looking into a replacement for that while you have the whole front end separated.

In your photos l see another attempted weld "repair" on the crankshaft pulley , might be worth while looking into a replacement for that while you have the whole front end separated.

That is the weld, it is supposed to be threaded in to that adapter.

/ Massey 230 front pto shaft removal? #28  
IMG_2056.JPG.

WOW! Good eye winmac! I'll definitely check it over. Would be a good time to swap a new pulley on her for sure, thanks for pointing that out.

Need a hand, do I have the axle stay pin? and if so, how do I get it out? Does it just unbolt? My axle pin pivot today, hoping I can button this thing up tomorrow. :)
Thanks again guys.