Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #11  
That's a good question as I would like to know as well.

I don't want a bath again either. Back when that was a new model I had a hydraulic failure and the mechanic had me pull this plug on the tranny by phone. And I was ohhhhhh so careful just watching for that first sign of a drip but nothing. Till the plug shot out of my hand and went flying along with a 5 gallon puddle:confused2: The mechanic didn't know that would dump it either which is just another reason I always try to avoid new models of ANYTHING.:thumbdown:

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread
Made an appointment with my dealer to drop my 1736 off for its 50 hour service on Monday. I will have the rear tires filled and and probably buy some pallet forks at the same time too. I'm at 45 hours today (Saturday) but will be at or over 50 hours by Monday. My dealer is about 25 miles away and right near my office so its an easy drive.

I have been thinking about a 3 point snow blower but I'm still deciding. I have a 7 1/2 foot hydro turn truck plow on a quick attach plate that I used on my skidsteer so along with the 72" bucket and that, I'm not convinced I need a blower yet. Sure, if we end up with above average snow fall, I'll wish I had one for sure.

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #13  
I've Inquired with my dealer about the fuel gauge but haven't hear back.

I'd be interested to hear what both dealers say.

After filling mine full I actually siphoned out as much fuel as I could from the filler tube, got about 5-gallons out. At that point the gauge indicated no bars, drove it a couple hundred feet to a slope which I went up and down, I could get the gauge to read 2-3 bars but back at level it went to none. Let it sit overnight figuring maybe there fuel on the other side which might equalize, but it never did. From that experiment I would say the fuel capacity is only about 6-gallons, but the manual indicates 10.56 gallons.

Loaded up and delivered back to the dealer today to have the tires filled, fuel gauge addressed, 50 hour service, and I bought a set of forks (new) for $650.

50 hr haul.jpg

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #15  
That's a nice setup you have for transporting your tractor!

Thanks, It works well. It's an 18+2 PJ Trailer and I've had it about 10 years now. I also had a 32 foot goose neck but I didn't use it enough, so I sold it. This trailer is long enough that I can get the tractor and a couple of implements on there with it and the ATV as well for planting food plots at the cabin.

When loading on this trailer with its 2 foot beaver tail, I don't even need to use the ramps, the tractor just climbs right up. My bobcat did as well. I really only use the ramps when loading cars.

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #17  
I heard back from my dealer and did a little looking myself. Turns out there are really (2) separate tanks on the 1736, one on the side (left-hand side as you sit in the tractor) where you fill it from the ground and another on the opposite side where the fuel pick up and filter are located on the right-hand side of the tractor.

Theses (2) tanks are connected by a small hose and the level sensor is located in the left side tank which you fill into. What I'm not 100% sure about is if there is a check valve in the hose which connects the (2) tanks, there seems like there is based upon my experiment of fill the system (10.5-gallons) and then empting the left tank and only being able to get out about 5-gallons.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #18  
Should not be a check valve. May be a kink in the hose or partial clog in it. I think the design of it sucks though.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #19  
Should not be a check valve. May be a kink in the hose or partial clog in it. I think the design of it sucks though.

Have you had similar issues with this design?

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #20  
Just after filling. It's less than full a few minutes later. Have thought about seeing if I could put a larger diameter line on it. Not sure if it's worth it no more trouble than it is though.
If you inadvertently got trash In the tank, the line could be slightly blocked causing your issue.