Max28 and cold Weather

/ Max28 and cold Weather #11  
I have the same tractor and mine exhibits the exact same behavior.

I too, have wondered about the glow plug light. I've done the key-on/glow plug light goes out/key-off cycle sometimes 5 or 10 times in a row and same result. I was using it away from home and left it on the trailer overnight when it got down in the 20's a few weeks ago. I made sure to get it fired up and warmed up before I left the house (project was 30 mins away) to make sure I didn't kill the battery at site and have to turn around.

Once I just left the key on and walked away, and then it fired right up. So maybe the light and glow plug behavior isn't as described in the manual?

All I know is I try to keep mine in the garage during the winter, that baby is cooold blooooded.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #12  
Same tractor, same behavior as well. I've had to use a torpedo heater to warm the engine up to get it started. Today I am going to install a lower radiator hose heater, hoping this will help.

/ Max28 and cold Weather
I will try just turning the key on and walking away for a few minutes.
This is not right.
I doubt this was engineered NOT to start in cold weather. Somethings ammiss.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #14  
I can't imagine everyone having so many cold start issues. It's a Mitsubishi, right? They are generally the easiest starting engines out there.

I know mine is.

I'll have to ask my dealer if he's had issues with them.

/ Max28 and cold Weather
I can't imagine everyone having so many cold start issues. It's a Mitsubishi, right? They are generally the easiest starting engines out there.

I know mine is.

I'll have to ask my dealer if he's had issues with them.

Thank you

i bought mine as a leftover in NY so I have no relationship with a local dealer.

/ Max28 and cold Weather
Re: Max28 and cold Weather Tried this.

Today was a 35 F day so this really was not much of a starting test.
I switched on the glow plug to start and it stayed on for over a minute? It has usually stayed on for only 10 seconds or so.
It started on second cranking after about a 5 second first crank.
Can someone post the wiring schematic for the Glow plug circuit?

/ Max28 and cold Weather #17  
My 2012 Max 28 was hard starting below 30 degrees. I upgraded it with new glow plugs and a relay but it didn't help. Finally went with a lower radiator hose heater and problem solved. I traded it for a 3616 hst cab which has never given me cold start problems so far.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #18  
oldpilgram, its a Mitsubishi S3L2.

/ Max28 and cold Weather
   / Max28 and cold Weather #20  
First day with the lower radiator hose heater installed. Had it plugged in for 1 1/2 hours. Tractor started right up.Temp was around 30. Normally it would have been a struggle.