Max28 and cold Weather

/ Max28 and cold Weather #21  
oldpilgram, its a Mitsubishi S3L2.

That's what I thought, the same as in my 3016, just tuned down a little I think.

Weird that it should run so differently.

Did yours come from Morgan? I got mine at Westville in Taunton.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #22  
That's what I thought, the same as in my 3016, just tuned down a little I think.

Weird that it should run so differently.

Did yours come from Morgan? I got mine at Westville in Taunton.
Yes I did. Haven't been to Westville. I'll have to check them out when I'm around that area.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #23  
I also have a 3016 I left mine outside last night do to a family emergency I woke up this am and went to go start it to bring it in to the garage cycled glow plugs twice started in 2 to 3 seconds rough for 5 to 6 seconds and smooth out temps this am was 18 windshield temp about 4

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Max28 and cold Weather
I also have a 3016 I left mine outside last night do to a family emergency I woke up this am and went to go start it to bring it in to the garage cycled glow plugs twice started in 2 to 3 seconds rough for 5 to 6 seconds and smooth out temps this am was 18 windshield temp about 4

For the heck of it tonight when I take the dog out I'm going to cycle the glow plugs 3-4 times, then crank for 5 seconds then cycle GP's some more to see if it lights up in below 10F weather. Tractor is stored under a lean to

/ Max28 and cold Weather #25  
I have owed many diesel pick ups that is what I have always done in the cold I never plunged any of them in

/ Max28 and cold Weather #26  
I've had many people tell me that Mitsubishi engines are known for their super easy starts in cold weather. I'm convinced.

My brother's Kioti (Daedong diesel) can be a real bugger when it's cold. He needs a heater and then it still starts much harder than mine, without one.

Yesterday it was in the low 20's and I had to plow snow for the first time this season. I turned on the glowplugs for less than half it's programmed cycle time and it started like it was 70 degrees.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #27  
My 2015 is hard starting also. I use a torpedo heater but need to install a rad hose circulate heater I guess.
Was there a Plug in option for these Mitsubishi motors?

/ Max28 and cold Weather #28  
My 2015 is hard starting also. I use a torpedo heater but need to install a rad hose circulate heater I guess.
Was there a Plug in option for these Mitsubishi motors?

/ Max28 and cold Weather
For the heck of it tonight when I take the dog out I'm going to cycle the glow plugs 3-4 times, then crank for 5 seconds then cycle GP's some more to see if it lights up in below 10F weather. Tractor is stored under a lean to

I was just too windy and got back late last night so I tried it tonight. 19 F and no wind.

I cycled the glow plugs 3-4 times, then crank for 5 seconds then repeated the 3 X cycle GP's two more more times. No Start.

So Like once before i let it sit 2 minutes with the ignition to run position, without GP light.

Then I turn the key to crank and it starts right up?

I did a bit of plowing cleanup with BB to charge up battery and warm motor and called it quits for tonight.

This is very weird.

So Friday, I'll try just one GP cycle and let it sit with ignition on for 2 minutes, then crank over engine to see what happens.

/ Max28 and cold Weather #30  
Mike,
Are you running off road fuel? I have found that the Mitsubishi diesels, in the Mahindra tractors, do not particularly like off road fuel. I have convinced some of my customers to switch to highway fuel and it helped the problem.