Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #21  
Had the shop clear the codes and cycle the dpf. Was beeping and would shut off after maybe 30 seconds, but started right back up.
I generally do all my work with the engine around 2500 rpm, but looks like I am starting to have the same issues again.
I did let it run at 1800 rpm for an hour just sitting in neutral like one of the mechanics suggested, but did not clear.
I guess I will have to haul it back to the shop again, but was wondering if I might be doing something wrong, or if this is just one of those things that happens
This is what happens with this Massey filter. The top filter is normal maintenance. The middle filter is from someone who doesn't maintain their equipment. The one at the bottom is the one I use. Haven't had any problems since I've been using the bottom filter. It allows the upper filter to do it's job somewhat. This is the trouble.

I have told them to fix it. They have a lot of beaurocratic hoops to jump through before they can just change something though.
View attachment 637982

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues
Well, 34 days, still in the shop. This time, they said they had it together and found yet another thing wrong, so have ordered more parts. Starting to feel some rectal rawness here on my tractor!

Have sent a customer feedback to Agco, no idea what is wrong with it because the shop does not seem to want to communicate the issues. I am starting to feel that MF does not screen the shops they authorize.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #23  
Well, 34 days, still in the shop. This time, they said they had it together and found yet another thing wrong, so have ordered more parts. Starting to feel some rectal rawness here on my tractor!

Have sent a customer feedback to Agco, no idea what is wrong with it because the shop does not seem to want to communicate the issues. I am starting to feel that MF does not screen the shops they authorize.
Don't blame AGCO. Blame lack of maintenance on you and your dealer for not being able to use a multimeter and investigation skills.

These tractors are simple. I work on them every day. I know what is wrong.

It all starts with that fuel filter. Then the ECU keeps thinking burner injector 2 should be on all the time, because it can't complete regen. It creates a "Super Arc" and won't turn it off. Then, it overheats and melts the insides.

You are due for a fuel system cleaning, an ECU and a burner injector kit, unless connectors that are corroded or rats that have chewed the wiring harness.

Easy way to check the ECU is to swap it out with a tractor on the lot AFTER the repairs have been completed.

Clean your fuel jugs in the meantime so you don't poison your tractor again.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #24  
I blame this along with 90% of the problems on new tractors on EPA or whoever decided that DPF/DOCs was a good idea on offroad vehicles.

Just because the fuel may have slightly less quality, it creates an entire headache on the emissions systems? I'm 100% sure that the same tractor without all the emissions would run just perfectly on the same fuel that the OP used.

That means you have to buy expensive premium fuel to use on a tractor just for the DPF to be happy?

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #25  
I blame this along with 90% of the problems on new tractors on EPA or whoever decided that DPF/DOCs was a good idea on offroad vehicles.

Just because the fuel may have slightly less quality, it creates an entire headache on the emissions systems? I'm 100% sure that the same tractor without all the emissions would run just perfectly on the same fuel that the OP used.

That means you have to buy expensive premium fuel to use on a tractor just for the DPF to be happy?

Just clean fuel. Off road fuel is fine, but that little fuel filter underneath the tractor gets clogged up really easy. That's why I've been stressing the carquest number 86006 filter. It allows more through for the upper filter to do it's job.

You have to have volume and flow to complete a regeneration cycle. The engine needs fuel and so does the regen burner.

You are fueling two different systems. The engine takes priority over the burner. If there isn't adequate fuel supply, the burner injectors melt down.

Tier IV engines require more fuel system maintenance. If not, they cause trouble. Change the fuel filters and there won't be any trouble. Check your fuel containers. Don't fuel up under a tree where a leaf can get in.

George Bush is the one to blame for tier IV emissions control. It all starts with local politics. Careful who you vote for. They make the laws, and manufacturers have to follow them somehow.

Got the tractor back yesterday after a few emails to Agco. Yes, the service department at the shop did not know about the filter under the tractor until this time around (neither did I) and ended up rebuilding the entire DPF system. They reiterated the importance of not shutting the tractor off if the light was on to regen (which I already knew) but, also got a call from the regional manager for Agco due to my emails.
The rep was very nice, explained about the complexity of the DPF system, had spoken with the shop multiple times to get it fixed right (also how they found out about the other filter) and even said they may replace my bent drawbar that the original dealer neglected to put a pin in, and ended up extending into my new tiller. I didn't expect that, but the original dealer, it seems was a major problem for them in doing bad business, so they cut them off, was not the dealer choice to go out of business after all, they lost Agco which was all of their business.

Thanks all for the advice and knowledge. Trusting an authorized dealer for oil change should not be this much of a problem, but apparently, the new tier IV system is something several took for granted.

I finally had also gotten to speak with the mechanic when I picked it up, that told me a lot about it, and he explained that working with Agco is an email and wait system. They can only do a step at a time, but once the customer sends an email, they seem to take notice right away and work with the dealer much faster. Sadly, when calling in to check on it, the dealer did not convey any of this, so it was good to speak directly to the guy who dealt with all the headaches

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #27  
Got the tractor back yesterday after a few emails to Agco. Yes, the service department at the shop did not know about the filter under the tractor until this time around (neither did I) and ended up rebuilding the entire DPF system. They reiterated the importance of not shutting the tractor off if the light was on to regen (which I already knew) but, also got a call from the regional manager for Agco due to my emails.
The rep was very nice, explained about the complexity of the DPF system, had spoken with the shop multiple times to get it fixed right (also how they found out about the other filter) and even said they may replace my bent drawbar that the original dealer neglected to put a pin in, and ended up extending into my new tiller. I didn't expect that, but the original dealer, it seems was a major problem for them in doing bad business, so they cut them off, was not the dealer choice to go out of business after all, they lost Agco which was all of their business.

Thanks all for the advice and knowledge. Trusting an authorized dealer for oil change should not be this much of a problem, but apparently, the new tier IV system is something several took for granted.

I finally had also gotten to speak with the mechanic when I picked it up, that told me a lot about it, and he explained that working with Agco is an email and wait system. They can only do a step at a time, but once the customer sends an email, they seem to take notice right away and work with the dealer much faster. Sadly, when calling in to check on it, the dealer did not convey any of this, so it was good to speak directly to the guy who dealt with all the headaches
I work in the service department at a dealership. I bought one of these 1734E tractors. They are solid machines when taken care of. A little horse farm bought one from us and they have 1800 hrs trouble free. They use it everyday. It's only had 5 oil changes, 1 per year. I service it. I figured if it would last for them, it would last for me.

I know a lot about these little tractors, but haven't quite figured out how to take the regen system/dpf off. I'm almost there, but missing one last key ingredient for the recipe. Know any automotive electrical engineers? I have schematics from Japan, but I'm at a loss when the wire goes into the differential pressure sensor and the ECU. You can unplug everything, but when you unplug that, it sounds an alarm off and the tractor will shut down and won't crank until it's plugged back in.

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #28  
Last summer I purchased a 1739E, right now I have around 65 hr on it, and I’ve had a few minor issues with it such as a bad frost plug, and a defective throttle sensor, which were all replaced by the dealer who gives excellent service by the way. When I first got my tractor first thing I did was check it and read the manual, I did notice that small blue filter under the fuel tank but nothing was mentioned in the manual about that filter. I contacted the dealer who didn’t know what I was talking about, after some checking they got back to me they didn’t know there was a filter there. The manual recommends changing the fuel filter every 400 hr and like I said there is no mention of this filter in the manual and since it’s the first filter in the line of defence I plan on changing it every 200 hrs, the original is very expensive but the one mentioned here from Carquest or Napa is much more affordable I’ll give that one a try. I’m sure a lot of owners of these tractors don’t know about that filter.

Last summer I purchased a 1739E, right now I have around 65 hr on it, and I’ve had a few minor issues with it such as a bad frost plug, and a defective throttle sensor, which were all replaced by the dealer who gives excellent service by the way. When I first got my tractor first thing I did was check it and read the manual, I did notice that small blue filter under the fuel tank but nothing was mentioned in the manual about that filter. I contacted the dealer who didn’t know what I was talking about, after some checking they got back to me they didn’t know there was a filter there. The manual recommends changing the fuel filter every 400 hr and like I said there is no mention of this filter in the manual and since it’s the first filter in the line of defence I plan on changing it every 200 hrs, the original is very expensive but the one mentioned here from Carquest or Napa is much more affordable I’ll give that one a try. I’m sure a lot of owners of these tractors don’t know about that filter.

It seems quite a few shops had not heard of this filter, so I am presuming that it's effects were not really thought out by Massey when they did the training on the system, or grazed over it fairly quickly. I am fairly adept in auto repairs, but know little about tractors, and I count on the dealer. When I spoke with the Agco rep, she just said, it was up to the people to understand the training. I took it as they are more interested in the larger machines, so not as much effort put into these SCUT's

I really enjoy my 1739e. I don't think I would have wanted a smaller one or a larger one for my needs. There is a time or two I wished it was just a bit bigger, but there are more times, I could have gone with a smaller one to get around our goat pens, but I manage.

I can say this, it was awesome getting back on it and doing some driveway work for my neighbor yesterday. Even though it was wet and cool here, I got it done pretty quickly having enough power and a big enough bucket to get a decent amount of base each load.

I am up to 177 hours on it, and even with the dealer issues I have had, would not trade it very willingly. This is my first new tractor, tried a couple of used tractors and learned a very expensive lesson. Pretty new to farming life, so there are several days I feel like I know less than nothing, then there are those days I feel like I can do anything on my tractor (although slopes and such still scare the beejeebers out of me)

/ Mf 1739e dpf/eco issues #30  
It seems quite a few shops had not heard of this filter, so I am presuming that it's effects were not really thought out by Massey when they did the training on the system, or grazed over it fairly quickly. I am fairly adept in auto repairs, but know little about tractors, and I count on the dealer. When I spoke with the Agco rep, she just said, it was up to the people to understand the training. I took it as they are more interested in the larger machines, so not as much effort put into these SCUT's

I really enjoy my 1739e. I don't think I would have wanted a smaller one or a larger one for my needs. There is a time or two I wished it was just a bit bigger, but there are more times, I could have gone with a smaller one to get around our goat pens, but I manage.

I can say this, it was awesome getting back on it and doing some driveway work for my neighbor yesterday. Even though it was wet and cool here, I got it done pretty quickly having enough power and a big enough bucket to get a decent amount of base each load.

I am up to 177 hours on it, and even with the dealer issues I have had, would not trade it very willingly. This is my first new tractor, tried a couple of used tractors and learned a very expensive lesson. Pretty new to farming life, so there are several days I feel like I know less than nothing, then there are those days I feel like I can do anything on my tractor (although slopes and such still scare the beejeebers out of me)

The filter was never mentioned in training school. I had to figure it out on my own. These tractors had me pulling my hair out until I figured it out. Now, I educate the customers who buy them to keep it changed and use the carquest 86006 filter.

If you wait 400 hours to change that tiny fuel filter, something is going to go wrong. $1000 in the minimum. Sorry that the manual doesn't say that.

Happy farming! I do a 2 acre okra patch every year with my 1734e. I love the little tractor.