Mounting small tool box

/ Mounting small tool box #11  
Funny as no one else here would do it but I bolted a plastic one right on top of the engine hood. 6" wide and 18" long with a center removable shelf. I keep wrenches, extra pins, rags, pliers, ibuprofen, an assortment of extra clips in pill containers and a fer screw drivers. Yes, the shovel goes sideways through the hole in the loader as others have shown.

I also have an old air bottle with the valve removed and the bottom cut off attached to my loader with the large open end up and valve end down to let water drain. I have a 20' chain in it with hooks on both ends. When you have 75 acres, it is just to far to run back to the barn for stupid little thing.

But, my old L2550DT looks VERY TACKY as it has 5200 hard hours on it and it has been a couple weeks, i mean decades, since I have washed and waxed it.

Must have pics, Please!

/ Mounting small tool box #12  
Here is what I did to my Kioti DK45. It is a water sealed Stanley FatMax 28" and holds all of the stuff I need. It is stuffed full... Stanley also makes an identically designed 23" wide box.

The first photo shows the steel supports for the box which are Stanley 1/4" flat mending plates and 12" angle available with pre-drilled 5/16" holes. These are available from your local home center. The front 2" of the tool box is supported on the factory cross beam with the rest of the box supported by the extra metal I added. So far it all sits level and rides well.

With the seat all of the way back, I can open the lid half way up and get almost anything I need. To open the lid all of the way vertical I need to move the seat forward some, but this is seldom necessary. The wrenches, sockets, ratchets, extensions, screw drivers and pliers are in two tool rolls. Everything else fends for themselves.

DSC00174.JPGDSC00175.JPG

/ Mounting small tool box #14  
Here is what I did to my Kioti DK45. It is a water sealed Stanley FatMax 28" and holds all of the stuff I need. It is stuffed full... Stanley also makes an identically designed 23" wide box.

The first photo shows the steel supports for the box which are Stanley 1/4" flat mending plates and 12" angle available with pre-drilled 5/16" holes. These are available from your local home center. The front 2" of the tool box is supported on the factory cross beam with the rest of the box supported by the extra metal I added. So far it all sits level and rides well.

With the seat all of the way back, I can open the lid half way up and get almost anything I need. To open the lid all of the way vertical I need to move the seat forward some, but this is seldom necessary. The wrenches, sockets, ratchets, extensions, screw drivers and pliers are in two tool rolls. Everything else fends for themselves.

View attachment 339841View attachment 339842

That won't work with a Back Hoe.

/ Mounting small tool box
lots of good ideas. I was looking at mine today and if i remove that slow moving emblem theres a flat bar there that looks like it will work for the tool box i have.

/ Mounting small tool box #16  
most engines have extra holes threaded for bolts. just find a couple holes and make a mounting bracket to fit and put the tool box on it. seems like i have to customize all my tractors with things that will make them more handy..

/ Mounting small tool box #17  
East,
I put this on my BX25. Maybe you have the same area available to you. I leveled it with a piece of composite decking and secured it with a zip tie.

Attachments

• Carry All for Kubota BX25.jpg
    Carry All for Kubota BX25.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 442
   / Mounting small tool box #18  
lots of good ideas. I was looking at mine today and if i remove that slow moving emblem theres a flat bar there that looks like it will work for the tool box i have.

That sounds like exactly what I did. I removed the tiny factory tool box located there and added the larger one. I am still looking for a good place to reinstall that slow moving emblem. Have a work light bar coming and hope to be able to install it there, outboard on one side.

/ Mounting small tool box #20  
My tool box for L4240 and the BX2660.

Attachments

• IMG_1037a.jpg
    IMG_1037a.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0920a.jpg
    IMG_0920a.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 360