Mounting small tool box

/ Mounting small tool box #1  

EastTexasGuy

Tractor
kubota
I have a L2880 kubota, need to mount a metal tool box somewhere on it for some general small hand tools. Anyone done this and where have you installed it at on the tractor? Cant be on the front because i have a loader, looking for ideas.

/ Mounting small tool box #2  
On my BX, I use a soft-sided tool bag stuffed behind the seat.

/ Mounting small tool box #4  
I mounted a pvc pipe with cap on top and bottom and attached to my FEL posts.

/ Mounting small tool box #5  
I mounted a PVC tube on the grill guard P4060016.JPG P4060018.JPG

/ Mounting small tool box #6  
I too use a tool bag that I hang on the SMV bracket behind the seat. It's not a quick draw to get to but it's out of the way and is easy to take to any part of the tractor that needs attention.

Charlie

/ Mounting small tool box #7  
Did your tractor come with a very small toolbox on the frame behind the seat? I had a very small, almost useless one on my L2900. When I bought my current tractor, MX5100, it had a small toolbox mounted in the same place. I replaced it with one from Tractor Supply that is much larger and more functional. They offer 2 sizes and a nifty mounting system. There are usually a lot available at other sites as well. Measure and seat what room you have available and then search for tractor mounted tool boxes.

/ Mounting small tool box #8  
tractor storage 002.jpgtractor storage 001.jpg

I also moved my fanny flag and mounted a tool box on bar behind seat.

/ Mounting small tool box #10  
Funny as no one else here would do it but I bolted a plastic one right on top of the engine hood. 6" wide and 18" long with a center removable shelf. I keep wrenches, extra pins, rags, pliers, ibuprofen, an assortment of extra clips in pill containers and a fer screw drivers. Yes, the shovel goes sideways through the hole in the loader as others have shown.

I also have an old air bottle with the valve removed and the bottom cut off attached to my loader with the large open end up and valve end down to let water drain. I have a 20' chain in it with hooks on both ends. When you have 75 acres, it is just to far to run back to the barn for stupid little thing.

But, my old L2550DT looks VERY TACKY as it has 5200 hard hours on it and it has been a couple weeks, i mean decades, since I have washed and waxed it.