Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year.

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year.
You arent getting a snow blower on a full size TLB. You are also going to have a hard time finding one with SSQA that would take a plow. You would likely need to plumb 3rd function, as this is not common on a full size machine.

On a tractor backhoe, you arent going to get much done. We are talking 6000lbs vs 16000lbs (full TLB). No comparison. Weight = work.

I don't call tractors with a backhoe TLBs. It confuses people about their capabilities. A true TLB is either the Kubota B26, L47, M62 (or previous models) or a full size machine (Deere 310L, etc). There is no comparison between tractor backhoes and real TLBs.

That said, of course you can do this job with a tractor backhoe. It just may take you 20 times as long. That is fully up to you. If you have a timeline you can share it might help.
Yeah, I guess I should have clarified.. so maybe not a TLB.. but a tractor with a fel in the 50hp range.. and a plow or snow blower.. and everyone has talked me out of getting a backhoe for it.. I'll rent an excavator and other.

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year.
Going full solar power something to
think about????

Personalty for solar the cost of 12 volt
refrigerators is very high IMHO the small
2 door or single door refrigerators cost
less than $250 and you can also get a
small freezer for under $400. The small
refrigerators you can put them on a counter
or shelf and can see every thing in it no
bending over. These small units are easy
to fix or you can toss them and purchase
new and not break the bank on getting a
new one as you can probably get 4 small
ones for the price of a 12 volt one same
size

willy
We currently have a 12 volt, cooler styled fridge/freezer that works exceptional and purchased as a lightning deal on Amazon. It has worked fantastic so far. Haven't fully decided on what we'll end up in the future.. like you said, the "normal" size 12 volt ones are pretty outrageous.. as are the propane ones, but that's also something we're considering.

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year. #63  
Next summer we are planning on moving from south Georgia to Maine.. yes, Maine.. yes, we know, it's cold there.. lol... We bought 26 acres off-grid and I will need to do a lot of clearing.. making roads.. a lot of digging.. fel work.. grapple (trees, limbs, rocks) and snow plowing as the road is not county maintained. We recently visited our property for 2 weeks and met our nearest neighbor. He bought a small Kubota with a fel (don't remember which model) and couldn't say enough good things about the dealer. I contacted the dealer to ask him what he would recommend based on my needs.. He sells Kubota and Mahindra.. after discussing with him it looked like the Mahindra 1626 would be a good option.

A few days later I did some Internet searching and found a TYM dealer about the same distance away.. Surprisingly they listed their prices which were well below MSRP. After contacting them they suggested a larger TYM 474 that was decked out with a FEL, backhoe, cab and 20 more hp for just slightly more than the Mahindra 1626 with only a FEL and NO cab. Anyway, I'm definitely leaning towards the TYM. For the money it looks like I can get a lot more tractor with the TYM than a Mahindra or Kubota.

Does the TYM 474 seem like a good tractor? Thoughts?
Neighbor has a 474 with cab and FEL, no BH. Likes it fine. However for what you are proposing, you need to get up in the heavier machine with more HP. 60 HP range would be a better investment over the long haul for you.......if you disagree and stay with the lower HP model, trading in on a heavier machine will cost you big bucks.....just buy bigger to begin with and be done with it! BTDT.

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year. #64  
Going full solar power something to
think about????

Personalty for solar the cost of 12 volt
refrigerators is very high IMHO the small
2 door or single door refrigerators cost
less than $250 and you can also get a
small freezer for under $400. The small
refrigerators you can put them on a counter
or shelf and can see every thing in it no
bending over. These small units are easy
to fix or you can toss them and purchase
new and not break the bank on getting a
new one as you can probably get 4 small
ones for the price of a 12 volt one same
size

willy

Do you have a current off-grid home or cabin?

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year. #65  
We currently have a 12 volt, cooler styled fridge/freezer that works exceptional and purchased as a lightning deal on Amazon. It has worked fantastic so far. Haven't fully decided on what we'll end up in the future.. like you said, the "normal" size 12 volt ones are pretty outrageous.. as are the propane ones, but that's also something we're considering.

What's the load on the frig? We have an off-grid home so very familiar with setup.

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year. #66  
Yeah, I guess I should have clarified.. so maybe not a TLB.. but a tractor with a fel in the 50hp range.. and a plow or snow blower.. and everyone has talked me out of getting a backhoe for it.. I'll rent an excavator and other.

The key is to plan it out before you rent. You need to have everything marked, staked out, and if you need grade make sure you have that done before had as well.

Know which trees you are removing, where you are putting the logs, stumps, slash. Plan for burn piles if you need it. Move heavy objects a tractor cant handle to the spots you want them in the future (large rocks, etc). If you plan it well, you really can get it all done in a short time.

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year. #67  
No. But have solar in trailer and house.
Have small fridge in trailer for cold water
and in house cut bill from $300+ to down
in the low $40's
Also have small fridge in shop cost a whole
$5 per month on the electric bill
I checked the price on the 12v appliance and
found that 120 v is cheaper something like
$869 for a 12V fridge 4.3 cu ft VS 120V fridge
4.3 for under $200

willy

/ Moving and need to buy a new TLB next year. #68  
I'm on 28 acres in east Tennessee. I have a Mahindra 1626 shuttle and it's been fantastic. 1025 hours in just less than three years.