moving rear lights to inside ROPs

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #1  

Jimc295

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey GC1705, Kubota B7100
Well I have already broke a light. I saved all the pieces and glued it back together and looked to buy another to replace it with. Holy cow, someone is making a ton of money on these lights. The cheapest one I could find for an exact replacement was 117.00. I decided I needed to move them to the inside of the rops, it was an easy change. I unbolted one and marked the hole with a center punch then used a step bit to make a new hole for the wires. They just plug into the harness so unplugged and moved to the inside. 1st mod done. hopefully I'll never have to buy one of those gold plated lights.

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #2  
I just swapped them side for side and ran wires down ROPS with zipties... You go deal on light, mine was $125....

DSC01777.JPG

Dale

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #3  
I realize the newer M-F GC tractor's lights are a "new" style, but after breaking mine --2300 series-- several times (before moving them to the inside), I replaced with Kubota lights. MUCH less expensive! Perhaps there's a way to make them fit the newer GCs?

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #4  
Don't tell me you drilled a new hole for the wires. YOU'RE GONNA DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH WHEN YOUR ROPS FAILS! You have just voided all warranties and made your tractor into a hellish safety hazard for you and all generations of your descendants.

(Intense Sarcasm, see warning below)

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs
Don't tell me you drilled a new hole for the wires. YOU'RE GONNA DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH WHEN YOUR ROPS FAILS! You have just voided all warranties and made your tractor into a hellish safety hazard for you and all generations of your descendants.

(Intense Sarcasm, see warning below)

It took a lot of intestinal fortitude but I managed it. LOL

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #6  
All it took was one pass mowing down my fence lines and the attendant trees trees and brush to realize that the lights mounted on the outside of my ROPS would have a really short life span. I moved them inside within the first month I owned the tractor. I haven't broken one yet so I have no idea what they cost!

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #7  
On my 1710 (2014), I broke one in the first mow....moved them inside. On the 1723 I was more smarter and did it prior to breaking one...lol

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #8  
My lights are on the ROPS as well and was wondering the other day about just using the lenses in the rear fenders. (2011 Mdl:1635)Has anyone done that yet. I don't really have a use for them on the ROPS.

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #9  
I did the same thing on both the 4010 and the 2025R. Somehow, I didn't do it on the lemony 1025R.

On the JDs, it was easy. Holes were already there.

I do not know why they put them outside the ROPS.

Ralph

/ moving rear lights to inside ROPs #10  
"I do not know why they put them outside the ROPS..." I think the idea was to give the BH operator, when the seat's spun around to the rear, more room.... but I'm small enough it's no problem. As far as being mounted on the ROPs, I suspect there may be a height requirement for SMV blinking lights.

When I moved my lights, I welded together some 2" wide by 1/8" mild steel pieces to fashion a clamping bracket; used original mounting holes.

Attachments

• DSC04300.JPG
    DSC04300.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC04330.JPG
    DSC04330.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 207