Mowing anthills

/ Mowing anthills #31  
Wish I could get rid of my pocket gophers with some type of spray. I will be addressing this "opportunity" later this year.

Lead spray works well. I got the couple of them that got into a little dirt-floor shed I had a few years ago using that method.

In high school, we would dump a box of Tide into the town fountain, then come back the next day to check out the awesome bubbles.

Yeah, people would occasionally do that to the town fountain when I was growing up too. That was all fun and games until once the soap broke the fountain's pump. There were a couple of fountains on the college campus I went to and idiots would put soap or concentrated dye (or both) in them too. It also broke one of them. Sadly, that one stayed broken for a very long time.

/ Mowing anthills #32  
I would dig a tiny hole and insert an m80 that will piss them off and hopefully they will move

/ Mowing anthills #33  
been mowing them my entire life with everything from a push mower to an rotary, no issues and a brush hog makes short work of them. they don't leave, they just move over. it will dull the blades but you will most likely hit other things that are much worse than the ant hill, at least i do.

/ Mowing anthills #34  
been mowing them my entire life with everything from a push mower to an rotary, no issues and a brush hog makes short work of them. they don't leave, they just move over. it will dull the blades but you will most likely hit other things that are much worse than the ant hill, at least i do.
And they can give the tractor via the mower a nice shudder when hit, particularly if wet. 😬. I use a mound to occasionally check the slipping of the PTO slip clutch. I agree they just maybe relocate their queen and proceed on doing their thing. (Fire ants here).