Muddin in Canmer, Ky

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
Just down the road from the Shipping Facility of Sweet Farm Equipment LLC in Canmer, Ky is a great Muddin spot on Green River. Got hills, trails, rivers, springs and creeks. Ken Sweet

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky #2  
You mean, like get the RTV dirty????:thumbdown: :cool2:

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky
You mean, like get the RTV dirty????:thumbdown: :cool2:

Probably a hundred come by our house every weekend and the atv/rtv's are spotless. When they come back by late in the evening, they are completely covered in mud. Ambulance goes up there about once or twice a month. Ken Sweet

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky #4  
Years ago we use to go Mud Boggin in some old phosphate pits in Florida. Sometimes there would be close to a hundred vehicles showing up on the weekend. It was a good way for the locals to spend the day. We would cook and BBQ, drink beer and socialize. Your post brought back many memories. Thanks for posting.

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky
Years ago we use to go Mud Boggin in some old phosphate pits in Florida. Sometimes there would be close to a hundred vehicles showing up on the weekend. It was a good way for the locals to spend the day. We would cook and BBQ, drink beer and socialize. Your post brought back many memories. Thanks for posting.

You are welcome. I thought I put a video link in the op. Must have forgot? To see lots of Canmer, Ky, Muddin' videos, Go to YouTube and type in canmer. Most of the videos will be muddin'. Ken Sweet

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky #6  
I have been known to do a little mud slinging myself. My style.

rsz_copyofdsc_1125[1].jpgrsz_1scan0017[1].jpgRiding re3.jpgRiding 2re4.jpg

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky #8  
Well…. It’s a 97 Ford Ranger body and chassis but from there it’s pretty much all custom built. It has a Dana 44 front axle and a 9 in Ford under the rear. A highly modified C6 trans with reverse valve body and trans brake. The stall is a 8 in 6,500 RPM and we use a 208 aluminum transfer case. We have different tire combo's but usually in the deep mud I run 38 cuts up front and 39.5 cuts on the rear. The engine is currently a 557 cid BBF we custom built (it’s not a create motor) with a lot of extras aluminum parts. I plan on moving up to something in the 632 + range with a power glide but haven’t just yet.

I included a picture of the 557 so you can see some of the “slight” modifications..

rsz_dsc03052[1].jpg

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky
Well…. It’s a 97 Ford Ranger body and chassis but from there it’s pretty much all custom built. It has a Dana 44 front axle and a 9 in Ford under the rear. A highly modified C6 trans with reverse valve body and trans brake. The stall is a 8 in 6,500 RPM and we use a 208 aluminum transfer case. We have different tire combo's but usually in the deep mud I run 38 cuts up front and 39.5 cuts on the rear. The engine is currently a 557 cid BBF we custom built (it’s not a create motor) with a lot of extras aluminum parts. I plan on moving up to something in the 632 + range with a power glide but haven’t just yet.

I included a picture of the 557 so you can see some of the “slight” modifications..

View attachment 293339

That looks like a "Beast". Slight mods is a understatement! How many HP do you think it is putting out? Is the Power glide common in the muddin' sport? Ken Sweet

/ Muddin in Canmer, Ky #10  
Sweet,

Yes, the racing powder glides are popular in both mud racing and bogging. They have a lot of advantages over the 3 speeds in weight and gear ratio’s.

PM sent...