Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music?

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #11  
   / Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #12  
I don't need a radio. I sing to myself, I talk to myself, I even answer back. :confused2:

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music?
Here I am thinking I was going to get laughed off the Site by asking this question and just a few hours later you all jump in with the same issue. Great. I Have not looked at all the links some of you sent. I will . I too have put ear protection Earmuffs OVER my little ear buds and tucked the wire in my shirt when walking behind my lawn Mower. Problem is. None of these ear buds fit my ears. Same issue when I go out for a Run. That's why I was thinking large , tight fitting Headphones.
I was in a store trying on some of those Noise cancelling Headphones. The ones that seem to really work Didn't hurt my ears but certainly would hurt my wallet. Bose $300. Ouch
Ok off to look at the Links you all sent

Randy, do these have batteries for amplification? 1/8th inch plug, I guess an Ipod will adapt to this?
I'm liken the price

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #15  
I use my Bose QC2's and my iPhone, used a cheapo MP3 player before the phone. The Bose, while expensive are simply remarkable IMHO.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #16  
Randy, do these have batteries for amplification? 1/8th inch plug, I guess an Ipod will adapt to this?
I'm liken the price

No batteries, they work fine with my Ipod Shuffle, mine is one of the older ones. The 1/8" plug is the standard for earphones on electronic devices, cellphones, Walkman, etc. My old Blackberry did not have enough output for them.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #17  
Thanks for the link. I guess I misunderstood your original post, as I wasn't thinking head phones.

I'd like to have in ear hearing protection (ear plugs) that would stream music.

I'm afraid the headphones wound just be too hot for mowing, etc. In the summer.

I was just thinking about starting a thread on who uses head phones.

Last Sunday I went down to the hunt club to finish up some work I had started. I took my headphones and they were nice riding down there. But once I got there I was grading out a road and moving some rocks that somebody had thrown in a mud hole. I couldn't hear the engine and started getting very sloppy and maybe dangerous with what I was doing. I almost felt confused. I took them off and everything went back to normal. I left them off til I headed the mile back to the house. I live on a dead end gravel road and the hunt club gate is at the end of the road, so no traffic.

Does anybody else have this problem when wearing headphones. Or is just my own goofiness.
I can understand this. I bet working the Backhoe will get confusing when you cannot really hear the engine change as it works harder. But for throwing on the Mower, I bet it will be great.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #19  
Thanks for the link. I guess I misunderstood your original post, as I wasn't thinking head phones.

I'd like to have in ear hearing protection (ear plugs) that would stream music.

I'm afraid the headphones wound just be too hot for mowing, etc. In the summer.

Not hot at all. They actually keep my ears from getting sunburned.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #20  
I did try it on the hoe once with the same results. Bushhogging doesn't bother me. But last week I was working in a mudhole dragging big rocks out that somebody threw in the mud. I started running into trees and I backed over a big rock that puckered me. That's when I took them off

Right now I'm working on some barn stalls. I have a Bluetooth speaker sitting here and listening to pandora. I need to make a mount for it on the tractor.