Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music?

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music?
I did try it on the hoe once with the same results. Bushhogging doesn't bother me. But last week I was working in a mudhole dragging big rocks out that somebody threw in the mud. I started running into trees and I backed over a big rock that puckered me. That's when I took them off

Right now I'm working on some barn stalls. I have a Bluetooth speaker sitting here and listening to pandora. I need to make a mount for it on the tractor.
Walkinhorse, Look for mounts for motorcycles. They might be pricey but you will find all kinds of mounts for Bikes that will easily adapt

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #23  
i have played from a mp3 player in my pocket to headphones. in some cases i use the small earbuds that fit the ear good.. then put a pair of shooting muffs with deep and soft full ear covering pads on.

2X's but now I want to try my "hush" wireless bluetooth headphones, but haven't had the time or inclination because I first have to xfer a bunch of files to my bluetooth phone to play them from. The headphones aren't wireless, but they connect to a small wireless dongle that I can clip on my shirt, hat, or whatever.

My noise-reducing headphones for outside use came from The Sportsman Guide, and my indoor set came from HF.

Both are electronic but as I rarely remember to change those batteries, they're mostly strictly acting passively.

Either way, they lower the ambient noise enough that my "noise-blocking" stereo ear buds/headphones don't have to be ear-damagingly loud to hear the tunes.

The advantage of the dongle-thing approach is that I can change out the headphones/earplugs as needed.

I have been thinking about switching to an electronic noise-cancelling headphone, but the really effective units are too pricy for me.

BTW, for reviews that look at electronics and such from a critical viewpoint, take a look at "The Wirecutter" The Wirecutter

Thomas

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #24  
I use wired noise-canceling headphones. Works great. I run the wire inside my shirt to prevent tangling. WAY longer battery life vs Bluetooth. There is beauty in simplicity.

Can you give more details of which one you are recommending.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #25  
I don't need a radio. I sing to myself, I talk to myself, I even answer back. :confused2:

That is exactly what I am trying to avoid,:laughing: and also to drown out the ringing already present in my ears from the foolishness of my youth, when I DIDN'T wear hearing protection:shhh:.

That and preventing further hearing loss, probably mostly at risk from my own voice :duh:

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #26  
Can you give more details of which one you are recommending.

I have Sennheiser HD-280, have been very pleased with them. They're comfortable for all day. I use safety glasses that are held in place with elastic strap instead of std behind-the-ear arms, so that the headset cushion seal is not broken. Had them for two or three years now - so far, so good.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #27  
In regards to wired, on a movie set, if you are wearing a radio, you run your headset wires down the back of your shirt and to your radio. The wife does the same with her wired ipod, headphones down the back of the shirt, Ipod in shorts or pants pocket.

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #28  
I have silly-sensitive hearing for high pitched noises and so even in my cab, I use Super 31 ear plugs which are all-day comfortable (and in my dog's case, apparently eatable), and then turn up the stock radio.

My plan B will be to wire in a bluetooth radio and use it with my iPhone. I have not installed a new radio because I needed to remove the cab's cap in order to get at the wires.

FWIW, the ram mounts are all great. I use them on everything. In the video below, you can sort of see my 1" ram mount for round bar stock to iPhone and hear my local oldies station playing a special kind of pain.

Last edited:
   / Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #29  
I have Sennheiser HD-280, have been very pleased with them. They're comfortable for all day. I use safety glasses that are held in place with elastic strap instead of std behind-the-ear arms, so that the headset cushion seal is not broken. Had them for two or three years now - so far, so good.

Great, thanks! I have heard good things about the Sennheiser brand.
T

/ Music: Wireless Headsets: Ipods what do you guys do for Music? #30  
In regards to wired, on a movie set, if you are wearing a radio, you run your headset wires down the back of your shirt and to your radio. The wife does the same with her wired ipod, headphones down the back of the shirt, Ipod in shorts or pants pocket.

One of the reasons I do like cooler weather is that what you suggest works even better with a sweatshirt over a t-shirt so the wires don't rub on my back (or sometime front).
T