MX5400 Aux Lights

/ MX5400 Aux Lights #11  
OP: just asking, why all the necessary aux lights? PM tractor work, or joy riding at midnight? spot lighting?
LED lights are kinda like one-ton dualey diesels.

You might not need 'em but ya still want 'em.

SDT

/ MX5400 Aux Lights #12  
The FEL bucket and FEL plow effectively block the light from the OEM Kubota headlights. ROPS lights are a necessity when using these implements at night.
Agreed.

I plow snow from my driveways with a FEL mounted plow on my B3350 ROPS.

I installed a HF 22" light bar beneath and inside of the ROPS using the HF wiring harness powered from the Kubota rear work lamp circuit.

No problems even with both light bar and rear work lamp on.

SDT

/ MX5400 Aux Lights #13  
I get a charge out of the 'Aux' light term. Guess Auxiliary is just too hard to spell... One thing I did that made a world of difference is, I changed the incandescent bulbs in the front of both of mine to LED headlight bulbs. In fact both mine are 100% LED. I prefer CREE SMD's over all the other.

/ MX5400 Aux Lights
I get a charge out of the 'Aux' light term. Guess Auxiliary is just too hard to spell... One thing I did that made a world of difference is, I changed the incandescent bulbs in the front of both of mine to LED headlight bulbs. In fact both mine are 100% LED. I prefer CREE SMD's over all the other.
I guess the "Aux" comes from a world where everything has been reduced to an Acronym or abbreviation. FEL, RFM etc. FWIW, TBF I don't usually do that. LOL :)

/ MX5400 Aux Lights
Nice set up and VERY cost effective.

Do your knees bump the switches?

SDT
Not even close and I have long legs... I debated on putting in some Marine grade lighted rocker switches, but I used the same toggle switches and covers when I did my lights and 15 years later they are still working fine.

/ MX5400 Aux Lights #16  
I have the optional Kubota OEM work lights on mine. They apparently aren't sealed very well. In both of the front work lights the reflector behind the bulb has some rust. Even when new, I was never too impressed with them. Have been thinking I should trade them out for some LED lights but wasn't really sure what to look for.

Looks like the factory bulb is 35W. But that's probably not the actual effective LUMENS. Anyone know what that would convert to for LEDs in LUMENS? Would these Ironton LED lights from the original post be brighter than the OEM lights?

Has anyone replaced their OEM Kubota work lights with LEDs that can use the original mounting brackets?

1633482602022.png

1633482384322.png

/ MX5400 Aux Lights #17  
I have the optional Kubota OEM work lights on mine. They apparently aren't sealed very well. In both of the front work lights the reflector behind the bulb has some rust. Even when new, I was never too impressed with them. Have been thinking I should trade them out for some LED lights but wasn't really sure what to look for.

Looks like the factory bulb is 35W. But that's probably not the actual effective LUMENS. Anyone know what that would convert to for LEDs in LUMENS? Would these Ironton LED lights from the original post be brighter than the OEM lights?

Has anyone replaced their OEM Kubota work lights with LEDs that can use the original mounting brackets?

View attachment 715859

View attachment 715858

I used these on my L6060HSTC. The lights fit the existing bracket but I used the better quality one that came with the lights. Easy job which took less than 5 minutes per light.

It's a direct replacement for Kubota part# TD170-75300 shown in your diagram

Last edited:
   / MX5400 Aux Lights #18  
I used these on my L6060HSTC. The lights fit the existing bracket but I used the better quality one that came with the lights. Easy job which took less than 5 minutes per light.

It's a direct replacement for Kubota part# TD170-75300 shown in your diagram

Thanks very much for this info and the link!!!!