My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,191  
I thought propane/natural gas had to be ran inside of house using black iron pipe. Didnt realize you could use pex.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,192  
I thought propane/natural gas had to be ran inside of house using black iron pipe. Didnt realize you could use pex.

It isnt pex. It is a flexible hose. Not sure what it’s made of.

#2,193  
David. Maybe i am thinking wrong, but shouldn't the architect have included a utilities plan and layout ? Don't do something just to get it done...inquire around and see what licensed plumbers would suggest. Should have been a detailed plan of materials list i would think ?

There was no list of materials for utilities. The design plans only listed the . Spacing of outlets. I think he was leaving me lots of room since it is an unusual build. he got specific in structural design however.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,194  
Having conduit under the slab is probably one of those scenarios where an inspector will have their own opinion. Will he consider it a wet location? Will he consider it above-ground? SER/SEU cable (ideal for sub-panels) is usually rated for wet/dry locations, but above-ground only. I'd run that by the inspector before you invest a lot of time/money in it. Would seem fine to me but you never know.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,196  
I used long sweeps on the conduit pipe not the hard 90 degree vent type. I would think I could get the wire thru it. I have one large inlet sweep burried to bring water in. I will have to run the electric thru the wall.

View attachment 696698

This is the floor plan. The two “pvc” notations in red show the entry/exit points of the pvc chase from one side to the other. There were a couple changes made in the master bathroom as noted in red. I have a 5x8 mechanical room where the panel and the on demand water heaters and in floor heat system will be. The entry point for water is there as well.
If the “long sweep” fittings you are referring to are the white DWV fittings and not the grey electrical conduit 90’s, which bend around a much larger radius, I think pulling pipe or wire in may be pretty difficult. I’ve never tried using that kind of fitting for conduit, but I’ve had plenty of trouble with pulling cable through the electrical kind once you have to go through more than a couple of 90’s. It’ll be a pretty tight bend for any kind of plastic pipe.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,197  
Congrats on getting the last window in, and that honkin big door installed!!

#2,198  
If the “long sweep” fittings you are referring to are the white DWV fittings and not the grey electrical conduit 90’s, which bend around a much larger radius, I think pulling pipe or wire in may be pretty difficult. I’ve never tried using that kind of fitting for conduit, but I’ve had plenty of trouble with pulling cable through the electrical kind once you have to go through more than a couple of 90’s. It’ll be a pretty tight bend for any kind of plastic pipe.

Challenge accepted.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,199  
Congrats on getting fully dried-in! I'm sorry but I did have to chuckle a bit about the door retainer screws. Yeah there is always SOMETHING keeping them closed, and you need to find it! Sometimes it is nothing other than a small finish nail that is easy to miss. Remember that for interior doors! BTDT!!!

#2,200  
Congrats on getting the last window in, and that honkin big door installed!!

Thanks. It’s been such a weight off my shoulders. Funny though, because right away my mind gets filled with the next step. If you are someone who can’t handle anxiety, then building a house is a bad idea.
We started pulling electric yesterday. It was a heck of a learning curve.
My buddies son, Kyle drove out and we spent a n jour or so waking thru and talking about everything in the house, marked all the locations. Then we started working and he gave me instruction on how to arrange and pull the wires. I am usinf 12/2 and 12/3 for all wiring in the 2x framing.
We got most of the master side done yesterday. I have a few other things to chase down before I can do wiring today but will be, hopefully get to start the guest side today later today.