My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,651  
Well now that we're all properly entranced by the fancy new machine, would you care to share how much you paid for it (and how many hours it has) ? :) Ok if not.

Those blades are gonna take a real beating mowing that rocky dirt patch, haha. I'm kind of amazed it only weighs 1600 lbs.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,652  
It really is , and it is capable of so much more. I hope to be able to showcase some of the amazing things it can do. It also has a cat 1 3 point hitch which will come in quite handy as well. The limiting factor will be tractor weight which is only 1600 ish lbs. I was very pleased to have things work out the way they did.
And you kept the cap! (But she got the Ventrac!) Jon

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#2,653  
The dealer didn’t have any Ventrac hats. I ordered mine from Ventrac’s website. I also got my wife a stamped aluminum Ventrac keychain and you would have thought it was gold. She loves it.

The tractor has 2040 hours on it. My price out the door was just under $20K. That includes tax. The price breakdown was
$15k for the tractor
$3,600 for the Tough Cut mower

That falls in line with the current market. Even with the high amount of hours.

New, this would have come in around $32k with all the options it has. It was a tough bite to take.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,654  
Haha, I ordered my Kioti hat and t-shirt off the web too (also bought used). Yeah, we knew it wouldn't be a cheap machine. Definitely a big bite to take while the house build is still sucking down cash left and right.... keep up the good work.

Are you dreaming of a move in date yet? Or still way too soon for that.... ? Temporary C-of-O before final? We moved in right after our temp was granted, finished the final about 5 months later.

#2,655  
We are hoping in spring. I an just trying to move as fast as I can thru the steps that I know must be done to get drywall up and make sure I dont forget something critical.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,656  
You will be amazed at the work that thing can accomplish. I know you already have a box blade for the tractor, and it's hard to tell just how steep hills are from pictures, but you might could level out a lot of that dirt with the box blade type implement. Just take little bites like spreading icing on a cake.

You two impress me with your energy levels. I hope your arm is good to go.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,657  
Don’t think I could pay that price though.

#2,658  
Hello David,

This referring back to post 2497 regarding your pump selection and options. It's always preferred to buy from your local suppliers but if they don't/won't then buy on line and install it yourself. I have used You are being redirected... as a source for pumps, pipe and systems and as posted with a materials list, a full pump setup was around $2500. as posted.

I called the folks at Aqua sciences today. She priced out the stuff I need.
She priced a goulds pump that should give me 15 gallons a minute at 40 psi. At about 2950 and a goulds constant pressure system that would give me 15 gallons per minute up to 70 psi at 2750.
The constant pressure is appealing because there is no well tank involved. The downside is there is no reserved water if you lose power.

Anybody have experience wit this kind of system?

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #2,659  
You should have claimed a tax exemption as this is being used around the vineyard. You can also claim it as a Section 179 deduction on your taxes.

#2,660  
You should have claimed a tax exemption as this is being used around the vineyard. You can also claim it as a Section 179 deduction on your taxes.

The Ventrac? Yes, it is a farm implement. We try not to buy each other things that are not for work on the farm. You really have to be on the same page for that to work. I know of many couples where they are not equally enthusiastic about farm life.