My LOGSPLITTER Build

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build #31  
You do some very nice work!

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build
Here are some of the tables I am building for the end.

About 1/2 way done with them.

Probably wont get back to working on it til sunday. Gotta work the next 4 days. (12hr nights)

IMG_20140319_154124_254.jpgIMG_20140319_154133_858.jpgIMG_20140319_154154_434.jpg

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build #33  
I'm trying to figure out where you are going to stand when putting log on and then operating the valve control? I don't think you need that much oil capacity. I have same cylinder and 16gpm pump with 8-9 gal reservoir and no problems with heat or low oil and that's with a log lift.

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build
I'm trying to figure out where you are going to stand when putting log on and then operating the valve control? I don't think you need that much oil capacity. I have same cylinder and 16gpm pump with 8-9 gal reservoir and no problems with heat or low oil and that's with a log lift.

There is pleanty of room to stand right there. May be hard to see that in the pic.

As to the oil...
I am running a 22gpm pump and forcing it through small 1/2" ports at the cylinder. So that will add heat. And looking at most higher end splitters, their oil capacity is roughly the same as high pump flow.

So keep in mind that even though it looks big, all of that oil is cycled every minute.

Plus it is just what I had and was easier than fabbing a tank from scratch, or buying something different.

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build

I stood on a chair so I could get an overhead shot to better show the room to work. The pipes and framework for the "table" only stand out from the beam 8". So plenty of room. I stood there and "pretended" to be splitting wood before I located the valve and the table. The locations of them now were most ergonomic for me.

IMG_20140320_074737_233.jpg

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build #36  
logl1.jpg
I like the engine with part of mower since I did virtually the same thing with rear engine Snapper. It's hard to tell in my pics as well. The engine is sitting on the rear of beam and the running gear is a 49?? chevy rear with closed style driveshaft which doubles as the tongue.

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build
Yep. I can see part of that snapper in there.

Are you left handed by chance?? Or did you "mirror" image the picture?

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build #38  
Not left-handed nor is it a mirror image??

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build #39  

I was thinking the same thing but I'm a use what ya got kind of a guy so I understand the concept. I built the splitter I'm using now some 25 years ago with the same hydraulics and I made my axle out of some 4" sq tube I had laying around. I welded some end plates on it and some bung holes for in and out lines and another for the vent and fill and welded them in. I had an old boat trailer axle that I cut the ends off of and welded them to the ends of the tube and that has served me well for all this time. I don't think it will take a full 5 gal pail of oil and that ol girl has split probably over a thousand cords of wood over the years. I don't use it as much as I used to cause I don't sell wood anymore but it's still ready to go when I am.

/ My LOGSPLITTER Build #40  
GREAT build!

Can I donate a 5.3 Chevy LS2 engine? It would look good behind your console. Wrap up headers, dual CATS, you wouldn't even smell it.
427 big block? Beer holder?

I love it, Fred