My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #171  
Thanks? RV anti-freeze?

I'm curious as to your take, on filling your front tires, on tractors. Are they 4WD.

Ethylene Glycol Green Automotive A/F.

Yes 4wd 85-100hp Farm Tractors.

I Bush Hog some STEEP Banks up & down with 2200lb 3pt Lift Type Cutter.
I alwaz remove the loader & needed xtra weight up front plus it gives Superb Traction & doesn’t cut grass up.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #172  
On the 70R deck, the shroud around the right blade protrudes below the front edge of the deck. This shroud got bent on a tree root when the deck cleared. Right blade started a metallic banging with sparks.

This right shroud is 1/2" lower in the middle from the other shrouds.
I might just trim it off, but it's there for some unknown reason.

Blade marking from hitting shroud
IMG_20190621_161401.jpg

Front view of shroud tab
IMG_20190621_163040.jpg

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #173  
I’d beat it back outta the way with a 3lb hammer.

Looks like You must have been cutting some awful wet grass ?

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #174  
I picked up a dealer demo ZD1211 last summer and mostly love it. It is a 60" side discharge that replaced a smaller Kubota mulcher. My only complaint (actually my wife's) is the amount of dust that the side discharge is putting into the air and our faces. I can live with it, but my wife actually does most of the mowing and she hates the dust. Is there a remedy for this? It wasn't an issue on our older mulching mower. I'm debating putting a mulching kit on it to see if that helps. My only concern is that the mulching kit won't cut as cleanly as the side discharge. Any other options? What about switching to a rear discharge? How do they do for dust in the face?

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #175  
RD deck is awesome keeping dust out of your face but the fan sucks dust & fine clippings into radiator causing you to stop & dump it out every hour or so. You’ll get a hi temp alarm lol

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #176  
I picked up a dealer demo ZD1211 last summer and mostly love it. It is a 60" side discharge that replaced a smaller Kubota mulcher. My only complaint (actually my wife's) is the amount of dust that the side discharge is putting into the air and our faces. I can live with it, but my wife actually does most of the mowing and she hates the dust. Is there a remedy for this? It wasn't an issue on our older mulching mower. I'm debating putting a mulching kit on it to see if that helps. My only concern is that the mulching kit won't cut as cleanly as the side discharge. Any other options? What about switching to a rear discharge? How do they do for dust in the face?
I have two mowers now the F2690 4wd and the Kubota X724 and both are side discharge with mulching kits because the dealer did not have a rear discharge deck on hand. They both cut great and stop the grass blowing in your face. I believe I'm now converted to side discharge with mulching kit being my favorite. But, I did buy another Kubota mower last week with a choice between a 72" rear discharge ZD1211 and a 60" side discharge ZD1211 which I was about to buy and add the mulching kit till I found the rear discharge deck. Did pay a few hundred dollars more for the 72". Have previously owned a ZD326 with rear discharge with NO ISSUES other than it would not climb my steepest hills and would slide uncontrollably down some somewhat steep hills. No stopping to clear screen of grass or dust until 4 hours of mowing completed on any that I've owned and have owned several of both style decks on both Fs and Zs.

RD deck is awesome keeping dust out of your face but the fan sucks dust & fine clippings into radiator causing you to stop & dump it out every hour or so. You’ll get a hi temp alarm lol
Are you speaking from your personal experience or someone else? I've owned a ZD326 rear discharge with no such problem or issue and several Fs with rear discharge that never needed cleaning between 4 hours of mowing except for one time and I believe the alarm went off because I hadn't cleaned the screen in several mowings, had just forgot. I now always blow off the screen, tires and the machine and decks on all mowers, Zs and Fs side discharge deck with mulching kits and rear discharge decks with a leaf blower after I finish mowing or my grandson does mostly now. I guess if one lives in a particularly dusty area they would have to do this blowing/cleaning of screen with about any machine pretty often with dust blowing around and the fan sucking in the surrounding dusty air.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #177  
My own personal experience as I mow 8-9hrs weekly JOHNTHOMAS

My radiator screen stops up with fine grass clippings as quick as 1hr & as long as 3hrs SOMETIMES in thick green lush grass where it痴 not powder dry.

I absolutely love the 72 RD but HATE Stopping to dump screen out.
I致e learned to reach back & rake fine clippings off all 3 sides of hood intakes every 10-15mins WHILE Mowing : to prolong dumping the screen :D

As THICK as my grass gets around the farm in most places : side Discharge Deck chokes down causing you to mow extremely slow waiting for grass to be processed.

BTW : Fluid Filling rear tires as mentioned a few times lol, will really make the ZD more user friendly on steep hills.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #178  
My own personal experience as I mow 8-9hrs weekly JOHNTHOMAS

My radiator screen stops up with fine grass clippings as quick as 1hr & as long as 3hrs SOMETIMES in thick green lush grass where itç—´ not powder dry.

I absolutely love the 72 RD but HATE Stopping to dump screen out.
I致e learned to reach back & rake fine clippings off all 3 sides of hood intakes every 10-15mins WHILE Mowing : to prolong dumping the screen :D

As THICK as my grass gets around the farm in most places : side Discharge Deck chokes down causing you to mow extremely slow waiting for grass to be processed.

BTW : Fluid Filling rear tires as mentioned a few times lol, will really make the ZD more user friendly on steep hills.

I cut a big truck heavy duty rubber mudflap into a rectangle and screwed it across the top of my rear discharge deck to see if it would stop blowing the clippings on top of the battery, it didn't but it may have had a positive impact on the grass/dust blowing up on my engine cover vent holes. Not saying I didn't have to blow/wipe/clean it off when really dry after mowing for several hours but never had to stop or do it during the mowing job. I was using a air wand on my air compressor for a few years then discovered the joys of the leaf blower. i have a B&D cheaper one plugged up on my front porch all mowing season so a stop at the end of front porch and about 2 or 3 minutes of blowing the entire machine and screen in front of radiator has changed the entire operation and after blowing it's off to the open 9' side shed I built beside my 48' barn. I built a 8' x 48' enclosed shed down the other side.
I have the new F for my steep parts with the coming ZD1211 for the more open and level parts and the multiple trees. Also me or wife can/do help the grand mow. Grand prefers the F over the X724 Kubota but we'll see when the ZD1211 gets here. :)
Will for sure keep an eye out on the ZD screen but it will only be used for a couple of hours at a time while F is also being used. Will still blow both of them off with leaf blower after each mowing. Pondering fluid filling and can't seem to love the idea with the two transmissions/drives with the zero but won't have to having the F 4wd mountain goat abilities. :)

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #179  
My ZD2111 72" side discharge I bought beginning of June now has 78 hrs on it. I honestly don't have
any complaint about grass blowing back at me. This replaced a JD1435 rear discharge and that unit was
always needing the clipping blown out of the cooling system, this spring it even started a small fire where
clipping gathered on the exhaust.

/ My New Kubota ZD1211 Mower #180  
Finally got the ZD1211 72" rear discharge and mowed with it for about 30 minutes. I now keep a leaf blower on my porch and blow off all mowers after using. The F and Zs. Not a single blade of grass on the vent screens after the short mowing but about a cup full of grass clippings on the top of the mowing deck which I blew off with blower. Not a single blade of grass blew on me either.:) I looked at the rear of the deck and noticed it has what look like small down angled strips of what may be heavy rubber that look factory installed. I'm thinking earlier rear discharge decks just had straight opening across the back for discharge and almost positivesince I made my own down flap with truck mud flap on my old deck.
I know 30 minutes of mowing is no test but just telling what I got in the time I tried it.