My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Actually no. Brady is short. Here is a photo of Chloe and I.
Chicken Quail Coop Chloe Grams 1-18-23.jpg

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
On the 23rd, I got the top sill boards up.
Chicken Quail Coop Brady 1-23-23.jpg

While it rained a week ago, I made the trusses in the barn.
Chicken Quail Coop 4 Truss 1-24-23.jpg
Chicken Quail Coop 4 More Trusses 1-24-23.jpg

I got 3 trusses up before it got cold and wet.
hugs, Brandi

I forgot about sawing the Texas toothpick. I had to drag the log with the Mahindra backing up. Each turn, I disconnected from the chain and turned 90 degrees, then connected back up. I could only get one end up a couple of inches before my butt was airborne.
Sawmill Dragging 5,000 Plus Log.jpg

The sawmill loader arms counldn't lift it, so I used the Mahindra also. I would lift with the grapple until the front tires were flat, then lift with the sawmill arms until the weight was off of the front tires, then repeat. The sawmill arms was able to lift it alone when I got it about 2 foot off the ground.
Sawmill Dragging Lifting On Sawmill.jpg
Made nice 4x6s. I did have fun turning it, as it was too heavy for the sawmill's claw. So I had to use the chain attached to the magic hook.
Sawmill Dragging Clam Chock Hook.jpg
I had to chock the log with a 4x6 and move the clamp over to help start the turning.
Sawmill Dragging Chock.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #615  
Guess it is time for you to level up your tractor a size or two. :)

The last two, cold, wet days I modified some steel shelves of Brady's. They had plastic adjustable bushings
Shelves Adjustable Plastic Bushings.jpg
that were flaky and would fall out of the shelf was bumped, so I cut 1 inch galvanized conduit for weldable bushings.
Shelves Conduit Bushing 2-1-23.jpg

I took my time and cut deburred the galvanized bushings. I had the barn door open for fumes, so that was fun.
I welded them up today and it went faster than I thought it would.
Shelves Almost Welded 2-1-23.jpg

Shelves Welded 2-1-23.jpg
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
Guess it is time for you to level up your tractor a size or two. :)
Not likely. The Lull was in the shop.
1-15-21 Lull Hauling TWO 21 Foot Logs.jpg
I need to rebuild the two slave cylinders and she will be ready to use again. She can lift 6,000 pounds.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #618  
Your plastic bushing project reminds me of a big patio umbrella a friend of mine had that suffered a pivot failure during a wind event. She got a replacement comped somehow, and I took the old one and fabbed up some metal replacement parts. I did two sets while I was at it; good thing as the replacement suffered the same fate.
100_1287_00.jpg
100_1296.jpg
100_1297.jpg

Your plastic bushing project reminds me of a big patio umbrella a friend of mine had that suffered a pivot failure during a wind event. She got a replacement comped somehow, and I took the old one and fabbed up some metal replacement parts. I did two sets while I was at it; good thing as the replacement suffered the same fate. View attachment 782033View attachment 782034View attachment 782035
Your plastic bushing project reminds me of a big patio umbrella a friend of mine had that suffered a pivot failure during a wind event. She got a replacement comped somehow, and I took the old one and fabbed up some metal replacement parts. I did two sets while I was at it; good thing as the replacement suffered the same fate. View attachment 782033View attachment 782034View attachment 782035
I made some metal parts for my daughter's patio umbrellra a few years ago.
hugs, Brandi

I got the trusses up and the purlins on ready for tin.
Chicken Quail Coop Ready For Tin 2-5-23.jpg

I didn't work on the coop Monday, as I was down in the clay pit showing the owner what logs of his were White Oak. He is gonna bring them over for me to saw into more trailer decking along with some large Red Oak logs for me.
I asked about a truck load of clay and he asked..............pickup or dump truck? I said dumptruck and asked how much. He said.......no charge, it will be there tomorrow afternoon!

It is nice having him nearby. They are almost finished digging there, and will turn into about a 10 acre lake. This, below, will be the shallow end. The deep end is about 18-20 feet deep.
Pit Right End.jpg

hugs, Brandi