My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Girts on ready for siding. 1/2 inch, 24 inch wide hardware cloth is on.
Chicken Quail Coop Wire On 2-17-23.jpg

Roof is finished.
Chicken Quail Coop Roof On 2-20-23.jpg

Sawing White Oak for a semi lowboy now.
hugs, Brandi

Yesterday while adding gearbox oil to the tiller, I accidently let the little tube slip off of the syringe I was using to add oil. The tube was just 4 inches long and just long enough to lodge inside the gearbox. I tried small needlenose pliers to retrieve it, but failed. I had to remove the handle bars and all the belt pulleys for forward and reverse to get to the top of the gearbox. I removed the tube after getting the top off of the gearbox and made a new gasket. 3 hours later ................this is the result.................
Garden Tilled 2-25-23.jpg

Brady tilled the garden while I remove the Mahindra's alternator to get it checked out.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #625  
Might want a taller fence to keep the chickens out of the garden, unless you're not going to let them out to free range. I let mine free range. They keep the bug population down and fertilize the lawn. They still go back in their caged coop at night, and we lock the gate.

Kyle,
The chicken yard will be about 10 times bigger than the garden. Brady says he will allow the chickens in the garden, but only a few at a time. The chicken yard fence was going to surround the garden, but now the garden will be part of the chicken yard fence.
hugs, Brandi

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #627  
You are giving me ideas. As we plan our layout, perhaps putting the garden adjacent to the chicken coop, we could put in an access panel (similar to a dog door). This would let them 'free-range' but on a limited basis.

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks #628  
Kyle,
The chicken yard will be about 10 times bigger than the garden. Brady says he will allow the chickens in the garden, but only a few at a time. The chicken yard fence was going to surround the garden, but now the garden will be part of the chicken yard fence.
hugs, Brandi
The chickens will peck all your tomatoes. Maybe if all you had was corn, they would keep the bugs down.

Brady only lets the chickens in the garden under his supervision.
hugs, Brandi