My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #21  
Great idea Nacademus! I'm always holding the lever down with my leg when snowblowing with 3pt blower. Would you consider making some for sale? I would definetely buy one!

I was thinking of you when I started snowblowing this winter lol! Did you make any more?

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #22  
I'm going to have to review the thread again, but this could be a nice simple mod for these units. I'm posting so I'm notified if there are updates on things like durability and any improvements from experience. Also if it becomes a product.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #23  
this would be neat little add on, following myself now.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #24  
Is this for tractors that have down pressure on the 3ph? Cause my old 2720 3ph floats up naturally, no down pressure at any setting.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #25  
Yep, I don't understand why it is needed.

All of the many tractors I have owned over the last 50 years didn't need it.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #26  
The small SCUTS have position control 3 point. The lever is spring loaded to "hold" the 3 point at its last setting. They don't have levers that allow "full down" or "full up" and the range in between. You have to hold the lever either up or down to the position that you want the 3 point to be at. It will " float up", but only from the last position that it was set at.

The little "holder" keeps the lever in the full down position so that the 3 point will go further down, allowing for full range of "float"

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #27  
Yep, I don't understand why it is needed.

All of the many tractors I have owned over the last 50 years didn't need it.
vibrations from running can cause lever to move slightly off float.

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #28  
JD has a metal stop nut on the slider that the lever handle rests on

Last edited:
   / My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #29  
When I saw this thread, I was a little confused because I had the idea that my 3-pt, on the GC2410, didn't have a down-pressure, just hydraulic lift. I kept quiet b/c perhaps I had missed something about my machine. I re-read the manual, which does not refer to a down-pressure, and then today, I went out to use the machine to move some fuel around and tried the 3-pt to apply down pressure and there is none.

So, to my thinking, the "float" is simply the weight of the attachment maintaining down pressure, with the hydraulics only able to provide up pressure. The attachment can float with the terrain... no?

Am I missing something?

/ My solution for 3PT float on my GC1700 #30  
Two different "floats" here... One is on the joy-stick control for front stuff: FEL or blower, broom, or blade-type plow. The other "float" is on the 3PH, which is, as you say, ONLY float, no down-pressure available.

The joy-stick float has a detent that's supposed to hold it in the float position... but doesn't do that very well. Any rough surface, bumps, etc and it pops out of float. Now you've got a blower, for example, that will not lift up when you hit a high spot.