My State !

/ My State ! #21  
There must be aliens or something that takes all this stuff. It amazes me also

/ My State ! #22  
It's the same thing with the hordes of people that run out and buy a snow shovel a few hours before the snowstorm hits. Do people throw away their shovels when they finish shoveling?

No. They return them for a refund.

/ My State ! #23  
Then a person could open a bad weather rental company. After the bad weather passed, go buy all the returned stuff and store it till next bad weather then rent it all out

/ My State ! #24  
By the way, who thinks naming winter storms is stupid besides me?
Kevin

Ditto

1483800109577.jpg

/ My State ! #25  
Sadly I live in Maryland, the state that sprays a liquid salt solution on the roads 8 hours before the first flake hits the ground. Meantime the traffic is removing the dried salt from driving on it, we had 1 to 11/2 inch snow, a winter weather advisory was issued, and you guessed it they're spraying salt, and salting the road, feels like driving on a gravel road, no wonder vehicles rust prematurely.
They spray 2 days before it snows...

/ My State !
Last night the news was showing pictures of several grocery store shelves. Milk and bread were sold out !.
The news stations had reporters stationed in several counties. They would go from one reporter to the next in each of the different counties to get a report on the weather. It was like it was some special event.

My location got very little snow /ice. Yet,Places closed early, some that were suppose to be open on saturday didn't open at all.

I don't know what has changed, but as a kid,I can remember walking to school in the snow.

It just seems like it's a bigger deal now than when I was a kid

/ My State ! #27  
Now you have The Hype channel to make 1" of snow sound like a blizzard. Next they will be naming every rain cloud that floats across the sky. Oh, wait, they did that.

/ My State ! #28  
It was the same over here. The CBS station had coverage for 5 hours. Some of people they interview just showed their igonance. One was a truck driver that filled up just before the weather hit bad. location of staying put where it was safe he headed down the road into the mountains. He was doing good until a pickup in front of him spun out and shut the 2 land Rd down. He had to stop and could not get traction to get going again so he spent 10 hours in his truck idling and burning fuel.

/ My State !
Grocery stores, tow companies,auto body, shops,etc, love snow and ice in the south. They make a great deal of $$ during and after a snow ice event. I went out today, and saw many vehicles in the ditch, etc,.

/ My State ! #30  
We didn't get much snow here but it has been pretty cold the last couple of days. I had to run some errands last night and was surprised how many cards I saw on the shoulder of the road - presumably broke down due to the cold.

We have a local radio personality here (in his 60's) that likes to joke about the weather hype from the local TV stations. He always laughs about the oncoming "white death"!!

The big thing with the TV stations now seems to be having "live cam" in their news cars. A few years ago we had some snow roll through on a Saturday so no school closing. I was watching the local news and they had some young reporter out and about in a rural area. He had the "live cam" going and was talking about the "harsh conditions" and "blowing snow". It was flurries that were blowing across the road without sticking. He was like "I'm driving along highway 73 and due to the conditions I'm only able to do 35 mph." Yeah, and at 35 mph the live-cam showed he was holding up traffic and was getting passed by semi's and little old ladies!

Same "storm", same channel, different "reporter" - this ya-hoo was out in the parking lot of the local Menards talking about the "icing conditions" (aka - sleet) and how it was accumulating on cars. Next thing you know, he walks over to this car that looked like it spent the night in the parking lot and start using an ice scraper on the windows!! WTH??? I don't know if they asked the owner's permission to start scraping on their car (there was no indication that they knew who the car belonged to!) but I couldn't believe they'd start messing with someone's car! Had it been my vehicle and I happened upon it while they were doing it, the "storm" would no longer have been the story! LOL!