My turn to buy a battery

/ My turn to buy a battery #11  
I have always had the best luck with the WalMart upper line of battery. I forget the name, but they get good reviews in car mags too.

/ My turn to buy a battery #12  
Teachu2 said..."NAPA The Legend Premium AGM Group 34 battery"...that's what I went to in my TYM once the original died and it has worked very well so far. But, mine is also kept on a battery maintainer whenever it's not being used for work. Have had no problems since it was installed.

/ My turn to buy a battery #13  
I used to use Napa batteries and they provided good service. Then they changed hands and I don’t shop there anymore. Now I use RK or Walmart batteries. I change equipment more often than batteries so maximum lifespan really isn’t my top priority.

/ My turn to buy a battery #14  
I have always had the best luck with the WalMart upper line of battery. I forget the name, but they get good reviews in car mags too.
I've also had good experiences with Walmart batteries. Could just be that there's high enough turnover so they're always fresh, but one would think that some of the chain autoparts ones would be the same and they're not always. Won't buy another O'Reilly's house brand, I've had multiple ones stop taking a charge after only a year. Napa ones seem to be good, but they're pricey (like everything else there).

Speaking of battery failures, it used to be that as a battery aged, the internal resistance went up making the voltage lower (slower cranking). Nowadays, it seems they work, they work, they're completely dead. No in between.

/ My turn to buy a battery #15  
I have come to the conclusion that as I replace batteries they will all be AGM's.
The complete lack of corrosion on the terminals of the ones that I have had is the biggest selling point to me.
Most of my batteries never see a battery minder or tender, the exception being my Harley and I have not see
any evidence that the tender has saved me any batteries, on my 3rd in a 2014.
Fortunatly the tractors don't have a lot of hidden battery consumption like the new trucks and bikes do.

/ My turn to buy a battery #16  
The BX23 still original battery...

Must be 16+ years now.

I do have it on maintainer and stored in basement... temp year round 58-62 which probably helps?

/ My turn to buy a battery #17  
Most of my batteries never see a battery minder or tender, the exception being my Harley and I have not see
any evidence that the tender has saved me any batteries, on my 3rd in a 2014.
Don't think I've ever gotten more than 3-4 years out of motorcycle batteries regardless of type. At least in my snowmobile it's easy to get at to jump/replace, my ATV not so much.

/ My turn to buy a battery #18  
I just replaced the 51R in my Kubota, the old one was from 2/2014.