Mysterious New Members?

/ Mysterious New Members? #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
I have noticed several new post by new members in the vintage tractor section. The strange thing is they post a picture or video and are gone. Some of them Join, Post and last seen in a 15 minute window.

Anyone notice this and understand what the deal is? I like the pictures but wondering if it is safe to click on them or what. Just seems strange to me.

/ Mysterious New Members? #2  
Sock puppets or they’ll be back in a year or two with a mature account to sell something. I definitely wouldn’t click anything either way.

/ Mysterious New Members? #3  
they are undercover agents for the KRU
loking for people to train as tank drivers and tractors to use as tanks
not to mention their personal accounts to help pay for the little disaster

/ Mysterious New Members? #4  
Anyone notice this and understand what the deal is?...
Don't know if they are safe... they are wanting you to "click" on the links. They get paid by the clicks and more clicks, more money. Very small amount of money but I guess it adds up over time...

There's a few other members that do hang around and they are basically looking for the same deal... click on my video!

There is enough other good content that I usually skip over these videos.

/ Mysterious New Members?
I have no idea about that stuff. I actually do not mind the ones that are a active part of TBN posting about their videos. But I think I will not be clicking on any of these.

/ Mysterious New Members? #6  
Just watched one of my techie guys on YT alerting everybody that there is a way to hide malware/viruses by embedding them in pictures.

So beware...

/ Mysterious New Members? #7  
Yeah, we've noticed about a dozen of them in the past couple days. They join, and immediately post several videos of thresher reunions or steam shows. No words. No first time poster message. No "Hello". Nothing. Sometimes they have avatars of farm scenes, other times stock photos of pretty women.

I would have liked to think it's just someone who enjoys those videos, but the usernames, frequency, and lack of any typed messages makes it very suspicious.

SOoooo...

We've been removing them as they pop up until we know what's going on.

/ Mysterious New Members?
I thought about reporting them Moss but hate to do that if they are legit. Glad y’all are investigating.

/ Mysterious New Members? #9  
I thought about reporting them Moss but hate to do that if they are legit. Glad y’all are investigating.
Reporting doesn't hurt.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, as we all like those types of videos. However, the way they're going about it leads to great suspicion.

/ Mysterious New Members? #10  
Reporting doesn't hurt.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt, as we all like those types of videos. However, the way they're going about it leads to great suspicion.

I think that removing them is the right way to go. If they are legit then they will be back and you can ask them about their reasons then.
I've been on sites where one could not post photos, videos, links and such until after x many messages.
In fact, I thought that was the case on TBN.
rScotty