Need advice on a good first utility tractor-Please

/ Need advice on a good first utility tractor-Please
Thanks for responding, Steve, that is kind of what I was thinking. If i go with this one, I can probably swing a gator 6x4 or an rtv900 to work with the 4100.

Good to know about the less expensive hoggers.

I am in-between Syracuse and Rochester, how about you?

/ Need advice on a good first utility tractor-Please #52  
I think hydro would be great for your hills and tight areas. 30 - 40 hp would work well, I own a Kubota L3430 myself.

As for storage I get a kick out of people rushing out to build or cover their tractor on the first day the have it. I haven't seen a dealer yet that keeps tractors or equipment inside. Many tractors have set outside for months before being sold. Often tractors still in the crate are outside also.

My tractor has been outside and uncovered since I got it in May 2003. I have buildings, but they are all full! I told my wife I would finish the house the way she wanted it before I get to build a new pole barn. Big mistake!

Anyway, have fun with your land and tractor shopping. Let us know what you buy and post lots of photos!

ksmmoto

/ Need advice on a good first utility tractor-Please #53  
[I told my wife I would finish the house the way she wanted it ]

Sounds like you have a lifetime job ahead of you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My tractor spends much time sitting outside also.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Need advice on a good first utility tractor-Please
Looks like the used 4100 will be the ticket, unless someone can give me a good reason to go with something else...

My first tractor, is it wrong to be so excited?

/ Need advice on a good first utility tractor-Please #55  
<font color="blue"> My first tractor, is it wrong to be so excited? </font>
Nope! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Enjoy!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif