/ Need advice on trailer purchase #41  
I’ve never heard any man state, “I bought too much...”
Insert, “trailer, tractor, pickup, shop, tools, guns, etc.”

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #42  
I’ve never heard any man state, “I bought too much...”
Insert, “trailer, tractor, pickup, shop, tools, guns, etc.”
TRUE!

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #43  
I bet if you look at the payload of his truck he will be near the limits.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #44  
I bet if you look at the payload of his truck he will be near the limits.
Near is fine. As others said, the truck is most likely going to be updated/upgraded soon even if the OP doesn't realize it now :)

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #45  
Near is fine. As others said, the truck is most likely going to be updated/upgraded soon even if the OP doesn't realize it now :)
Lol, so true. A couple times towing a proper trailer fully saddled with a compact tractor and attachments on a compact Nissan pickup.... even if just within tow rating, he'll be looking at full sized pickups for sale soon.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #46  
The reason I brought it up again is people are just short of recommending a 20,000 pound gooseneck to tow his 4000 pound or less tractor when a 7000 pound trailer is about all his current truck will tow. But yeah, an upgrade would be nice for him, I will certainly help spend his money.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #47  
The reason I brought it up again is people are just short of recommending a 20,000 pound gooseneck to tow his 4000 pound or less tractor when a 7000 pound trailer is about all his current truck will tow. But yeah, an upgrade would be nice for him, I will certainly help spend his money.
I didn't go all the way back thru the thread but I probably am the one who recommended the larger trailer being a 20' equipment trailer with 2 - 7k axles which will probably weigh in about 2k pounds, add a 4k tractor and he still has a 1k to work with as far as what his truck will tow by the numbers, the longer trailer will allow him to balance the load better and as many others have said buying to little of a trailer has been something a lot of us have done, he asked , so we have given opinion, hopefully whatever he decides, he will be satisfied as he has got to hear a lot of opinions.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #48  
I didn't go all the way back thru the thread but I probably am the one who recommended the larger trailer being a 20' equipment trailer with 2 - 7k axles which will probably weigh in about 2k pounds, add a 4k tractor and he still has a 1k to work with as far as what his truck will tow by the numbers, the longer trailer will allow him to balance the load better and as many others have said buying to little of a trailer has been something a lot of us have done, he asked , so we have given opinion, hopefully whatever he decides, he will be satisfied as he has got to hear a lot of opinions.

No 14k 20 foot trailer unless possibly aluminum is 2,000 pounds.

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #49  
A heavier than required trailer never hurts. Ok it actually does. I hardly ever use that one after I bought my 14k.

IMG_7027.JPG

/ Need advice on trailer purchase #50  
My 7000 pound 18 foot weighs a little over 2000 pounds, I’d say a 20‘ 14k trailer is around 3000 pounds.