Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735

/ Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735
Sans motor:

IMG_20220826_150107722.jpgIMG_20220826_150112969.jpgIMG_20220826_150117605.jpg

/ Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735 #22  
Good Job - unit looks pretty clean too. You will be back in business in no time now!

Mower is up and running again. Finished a few hours after UPS dropped off the B&S and muffler. Had to thread the bolt holes on the new motor, but the Ariens frame already had a second set of mounting holes that matched the motor. That was the only serious work. Main electrical plug mated perfectly, pulleys went on the new motor shaft without issue. Throttle action is reversed but works well as a single control for both throttle and choke. Muffler fit perfectly, although I will have to add some type of rear bumper, since it now extends beyond the frame. Was glad I didn't have to cut the frame for the pipes.

Added oil, connected the battery, it fired right up, drove around to warm up, then let the wife do her thing with the lawn. She's happy. Which means I am happy.

Thanks for the chip in of suggestions, all.

IMG_20220826_202110809.jpg

/ Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735 #25  
That was a fast change out - looks good. Noticed the fan shroud is missing on top of the engine..

Neighbor has the same engine on his Simplicity 48" ZT mower I just finished working on - one of the valve pushrods fell off then would not start easily - stumped me for a while until I found the spring for the auto choke was not connected.

Glad you got this fixed and back in business.

That was a fast change out - looks good. Noticed the fan shroud is missing on top of the engine..

Neighbor has the same engine on his Simplicity 48" ZT mower I just finished working on - one of the valve pushrods fell off then would not start easily - stumped me for a while until I found the spring for the auto choke was not connected.

Yeah, came out of the box with the shroud missing. I'll call the vendor on Monday to see if that's an extra cost part. :)

I also had to go digging through my spare hardware drawer to find four nuts that fit the exhaust bolts. And happily, had a 1/2" deep socket to put them on. Impossible, otherwise. Zero wrench room on two of them.

That auto choke is a bit of a mystery to me. The mechanism is funky looking. But it works, so I'll assume the engineer who imagined that knew what he was doing.

/ Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735 #27  
Great job, looks good.

You my want to consider adding a 45 or 90 deflector on the out end of the muffler to direct the exhaust down and away from you.

/ Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735 #28  
Nice job on the muffler set up. A lower tone than what you had I'd think.

/ Need advice/recommendation on repair/rebuild/replace Kohler KT735 #29  

Most Briggs engines don't have a shroud over the rotating screen. So not a missing part, just not supplied on that engine type. Unless you are going to be putting your hand on the engine while it is running or have your fur baby ride on the engine while mowing, not a big issue.

Nice job on the muffler set up. A lower tone than what you had I'd think.

Sound is a nice improvement over the Kohler. Both lower tone and quieter.