Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000

/ Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000 #1  

TNBBFarmer

Tractor
Ford 3000 Diesel, New Holland TC29D
Hi,

Maybe someone can help me on this. I am looking at a Ford 3000 Gas tractor. It is about 300 miles away. The lady selling the tractor tells me it does not have the pump shaft for attaching a loader. I have a working loader from a non-working 3000 diesel. Can you purchase these and install them on the gas model? I would think it would be manufactured with the capability to install these if they don't come standard but I can't find that info anywhere. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

/ Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000
Thanks keony! As best as I can tell, there is a coupling that attaches to the front of the crankshaft and a shaft associated with the coupling that the loader pump attaches to. I will take a look at the setup on the non-working 3000 to verify that. The gas tractor is over 300 miles away. The non-working one was in a flood and the water got deep enough to get into the fluids and the injector pump quit working shortly after that. I was thinking it would be a lot of work pulling the injector pump and getting it rebuilt but swapping out the loader to another tractor sounds like it may be just as much work.

/ Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000 #4  
Good luck. Maybe you can swap parts, I'm not familiar with the 3000.

/ Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000 #5  
I believe you will find that gas and diesel engines in the 3000 share a lot of common parts. Mounting the shaft is no ten minute job. mind you, but it should work. You will probably want to remove the radiator and shell in order to better access the front pulley, clean out the boltholes, etc. I suggest you consider a new fan belt while you're in there. It's a major pain to do it down the road.

/ Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000 #6  
But if it were me I would try to get the diesel going again if possible. Good luck.

/ Need Info on Attaching Loader to a Ford 3000
Sounds like good advice both ways. Either way the loader will have to come off. The power steering has a bad leak on the diesel but is still usable. I'm leaning towards fixing the diesel. I have a TC29D but haven't been able find a good used loader for it. Guess I have a little work cut out for my stepson and myself. I really appreciate all the help on this.