Buying Advice Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee
Ya, the trailer it's self is $1,550. The bush hog is a 5' with slip clutch at $900 and the tractor was around 17g I think.

I am gonna go up there tomorrow and look around.

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #22  
I know little about Mahindra tractors, but for my comments it won't matter.

Seriously consider purchasing used! Especially since you have the time to look around. I recently purchased a 2006 Kubota L5030 GST 4wd with FEL and brush hog for $18k. It had 360 hours, and is a 50 HP machine. New that tractor would have been in the lower $30's.

I did borrow some money for it. Found a local bank that served the ag community and they wrote an agricultural loan for the tractor purchase.

I know I know, new is cool, new has a warranty, new is shiny and smells good. New really sucks when you put 50 hours on it and realize those 50 hours lost you 10% of its value in depreciation. New sucks when you start getting scratches on it. Etc etc.

Another thing to consider, at some point in a used tractors life...depreciation is pretty much over - or at least has slowed way down. Meaning if a ten year old tractor with 1200 hours is worth x; that same tractor 5 years later and 1800 hours is worth maybe x less 10%. Of course every tractor situation is different - the above is a fictitious example.

Food for thought, and don't blame you if you have your heart set on new. Good luck!!

I actually Got a pm from a member near by selling a 38hp bobcat tractor. I would have been interested if it had been a mahendra because I have a dealer 20 min from my house, I would half to drive a hour to a bobcat dealer. I know that shouldn't be a deal breaker and really wasn't. I just like the mahendra brand, all I have heard about them, my uncles 2 he has and afew other friends have them. None have had any issues.

just left the dealer. the 18' trailer was without breaks so I am gonna pass for now. Dont half to have it. I got friends that will let me use there trailer.

I got a price today, using there financing.

3616 shuttle with FEL = 18,600.00
AMC slip clutch rotary cutter = 900.00

subtotal= 19,500
tn sales tax= 1,401.00
TOTAL= 20,901.00

so if i finance for 84 months at 4.25% interest with 10,000 down my payment will be 154.01 a month

anybody have any idea what insurance would be on one through mahendra?

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #25  
Jwalton said:
just left the dealer. the 18' trailer was without breaks so I am gonna pass for now. Dont half to have it. I got friends that will let me use there trailer.

subtotal= 19,500
tn sales tax= 1,401.00
TOTAL= 20,901.00

so if i finance for 84 months at 4.25% interest with 10,000 down my payment will be 154.01 a month

Kubota insurance for the above is approx $250/ yr. I could go look up the exact quote (based on value covered) but it will be close to $250.

That great! I can do 250 a year with no problems!

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #27  
Jwalton said:

subtotal= 19,500
tn sales tax= 1,401.00
TOTAL= 20,901.00

You might want to look at a 20' trailer. If you plan on hauling an extra piece of equipment. My 3016 w/fel and box blade is 16' long.

/ Need some info/ tips in south west Tennessee #28  
Oops I hit the wrong button

Acman2 said:
You might want to look at a 20' trailer. If you plan on hauling an extra piece of equipment. My 3016 w/fel and box blade is 16' long.

Priciate that! I was worried that a 16 or 18' may be too short!