Tires New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I just took delivery of a MWFD M7060. Love the tractor but it very hard to shift, gear 2 runs faster than 3 and gear 1 and 7 seem to have two different speeds. For example gear 7 (1st gear H range) should run about 4mph at 1500 RPMs and sometimes it does. But then other times it runs 7.5 at the same engine speed. How is that even possible? I’ve determined if I quickly goto park and back to 7th then most times it runs 4mph again. Lol. Help…..

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #2  
It needs to go back to the dealer .

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues
I agree. There coming Monday to look at it and if needed put it on the rollback and take back to the dealer. To be honest this dealer has been amazing to work with so far so don’t expect any issues getting this resolved. I am curious though to see if others are having the same issues.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #4  
Absolutely no problems with my 2016 M7060HDC12. Yes, the transmission was stiff and hard to shift when the unit was new. Now, with nearly 600 hours on the hourmeter, shifting is easy and smooth.

Ok that’s great to hear. Hopefully they can make some adjustments and get it right without tearing it apart to work on it. What a great machine otherwise though. I’ve had 12 plus tractors in my life and this one is by far my favorite

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #6  
Sawtooth: Is that 7060 brand new? What is the general type of transmission -- 12 speed shuttle shift with 3 ranges or something more complex?

Say Mr. Sawtooth -- I see where you have a MF 2660 HD. So do I (in WVa) . Did you see my thread puzzling over recent smoke issues with my MF 2660 Perkins ? The "MF 260 Perkins Smoke" thread was first posted 12/1/22.

OBTW we have a close friend/neighbor here in So MD who grew up in Danville near you & still has family property there.

After you get your infant mortality transmission issue solved I'd like to hear your comparison of the M7060 versus your MF 2660 pros and cons. Takes time and hours to get past the "new feel" and reflect on the longer term.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #7  
Sawtooth: Is that 7060 brand new? What is the general type of transmission -- 12 speed shuttle shift with 3 ranges or something more complex?

The M7060 12 speed is a six-speed with a high and low range. So gears 1 - 6 are low range, gears 7 - 12 are what you get in high range.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #8  
Odd this thread is under "tires?" Just happenstance I assume from some previous thread/posting.

Hello JWR,

We’ve spoke before regarding the brake issues on my 2660HD. $5k later all is fixed and thanks for the insight on the recall info. Regarding the smoke what color is it? Mine will roll some black if it goosed hard under load but that’s it. These lack a DPF system so will smoke some. I do like my Massey and it is heavier so might handle very heavy equipment better but not sure yet. I went with rear wheel cast centers for added weight on the Kubota and also filled the rear tires. So far even with nothing on the rear I have not been able to overload the 7’ bucket with weight. That’s a good sign.

The Kubota is much easier to drive and is more comfortable. It’s a deluxe ag tractor so should be comfortable. As mentioned earlier it’s a 6x2 tranny. I’m being told it just out of adjustment and hoping they can easily fix tomorrow. The turning radius is really tight and this tractor has all kinds of nice features. Some nice features include a float mode for the loader, 16 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow (super fast loader), fully hydraulic shuttle shift, front limited slip diff, auto 4x4 when you touch the brake. This works great for going down slippery hills in 2wheel drive. Sometimes I forget to engage 4x4 and this is a very nice feature. The 3pt lift is very smooth and has more usable range than my massey. Tilt steering wheel is also nice. It’s also has a dual range pto which I think I will like. Just a real nice machine overall. Just hoping the tranny is right soon. I will post back tomorrow night with a update.

By the way so when I posted this thread Tapatalk ask for a prefix. Transmission was not one of them. None of them related to this subject and there wasn’t a choice for “other”. What’s up with that? I just picked “tires” as I had to pick something in order to post this thread. Any idea?

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: JWR
Here’s a couple pics. The one picture shows the first work I did with the M7060 which was pick up a full bucket of mixed wet gravel and dirt. That’s a deep 84” buck so holds a lot of material. Had nothing on the rear and tractor handled all that weight with no issues at all even going down one decent grade.

And when I went back into edit I now see the option for “none” for a prefix. Guess I missed it before. Lol.

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

69230607360__A2F8FDDD-E030-4A6B-92F9-781BEE0131B3.jpg