Tires New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #11  
Hello JWR,

We’ve spoke before regarding the brake issues on my 2660HD. $5k later all is fixed and thanks for the insight on the recall info. Regarding the smoke what color is it? Mine will roll some black if it goosed hard under load but that’s it. These lack a DPF system so will smoke some. I do like my Massey and it is heavier so might handle very heavy equipment better but not sure yet. I went with rear wheel cast centers for added weight on the Kubota and also filled the rear tires. So far even with nothing on the rear I have not been able to overload the 7’ bucket with weight. That’s a good sign.

The Kubota is much easier to drive and is more comfortable. It’s a deluxe ag tractor so should be comfortable. As mentioned earlier it’s a 6x2 tranny. I’m being told it just out of adjustment and hoping they can easily fix tomorrow. The turning radius is really tight and this tractor has all kinds of nice features. Some nice features include a float mode for the loader, 16 gallons per minute of hydraulic flow (super fast loader), fully hydraulic shuttle shift, front limited slip diff, auto 4x4 when you touch the brake. This works great for going down slippery hills in 2wheel drive. Sometimes I forget to engage 4x4 and this is a very nice feature. The lift is very smooth and has more usable range than my massey. Tilt steering wheel is also nice. It’s also has a dual range pto which I think I will like. Just a real nice machine overall. Just hoping the tranny is right soon. I will post back tomorrow night with a update.

By the way so when I posted this thread Tapatalk ask for a prefix. Transmission was not one of them. None of them related to this subject and there wasn’t a choice for “other”. What’s up with that? I just picked “tires” as I had to pick something in order to post this thread. Any idea?
Great commentary. Almost reads like a wish list for those of us looking at tractor features not on the one we have. This grass sure looks greener ! Appreciate the comments.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #12  
Closer look at the pictures -- beautiful machine. On the Prefix to the thread I guess "Owning/Operating" is the catch-all for pretty well everything. There is one of those for Kubota and each of the major brands. Doesn't really matter. We'll find ya !

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues
Thanks JWR. Dealer just called and they will arrive tomorrow morning to asses what the issue is. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues
Update:

Ended up just being a gear shifter adjustment issue. Basically there’s somewhat of a fine line in how it’s adjusted. With the shift arm in the neutral position and with the arm adjusted so that it rest slightly to the right of center all the gear positions go in super smooth but you can’t get it in or out of park. Adjust the shift arm so it rest slightly left of center and then the parking brake engages fine but the gear shifting is screwed up again. Once he got it right everything works perfectly now.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #15  
...And they lived happily ever after ! Good ending. Glad to hear that.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #16  
I love all my Kubota products and they have all been pretty much trouble free......but why can't Kubota make anything that shifts nice and smooth? LOL

Even the RTV's have to have numerous things set absolutely perfectly for you to be able to move the shift lever.

Even a few videos I have watched on you tube of a certain Kubota dealer doing demos.....he looks like a horrible driver because many of them he is struggling to change gears and ranges. But it is the machine itself.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #17  
As far as the M7060, that is a sweet tractor you got there Sawtooth. I really think that is one of the best values in the Kubota lineup, for what you get for the price.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #18  
Even a few videos I have watched on you tube of a certain Kubota dealer doing demos.....he looks like a horrible driver because many of them he is struggling to change gears and ranges. But it is the machine itself.
As I said before...yes, they are stiff and hard to shift when new. Now that I've used mine for a few hundred hours it shifts every bit as smooth and easy as the 6 speed in my Jeep. Effortless.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #19  
Sawtooth: Is that 7060 brand new? What is the general type of transmission -- 12 speed shuttle shift with 3 ranges or something more complex?

Say Mr. Sawtooth -- I see where you have a MF 2660 HD. So do I (in WVa) . Did you see my thread puzzling over recent smoke issues with my MF 2660 Perkins ? The "MF 260 Perkins Smoke" thread was first posted 12/1/22.

OBTW we have a close friend/neighbor here in So MD who grew up in Danville near you & still has family property there.

After you get your infant mortality transmission issue solved I'd like to hear your comparison of the M7060 versus your MF 2660 pros and cons. Takes time and hours to get past the "new feel" and reflect on the longer term.
It's a 2 range 6 speed synchro with hydraulic shuttle, same as in my M9960.

Being gear drive, it is not possible for ratios to change within a single gear selection.

/ New 2022 M7060HD12 transmission issues #20  
when i received my factory M8540 shift linkages under the gear shifter were loose. once tightened, ok. good luck