NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #11  
For me, I would put a 25 hp Kohler in it and be done with it. no big deal. They would have the same pumps as the same age 425. Take a couple of pics of the engine and the pump set up....... Guys on here can help you get the right engine...... Jim
That's what i ended up doing. Bought a Kohler, but the shaft was larger than the Robins, then i found another Kohler, after i put mine in, that had same size diameter shaft as the Robins engine. I talked with Terry and he sold me a "kit" that i used some of the parts out of, to adapt the Kohler. Stepped me up a couple HP, and less noisy. Probably the best upgrade ive done to the 422.

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #12  
The older 422 was the same as the 425 except for the engine and the roof and it should have two steering cylinders..... Jim

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE
For me, I would put a 25 hp Kohler in it and be done with it. no big deal. They would have the same pumps as the same age 425. Take a couple of pics of the engine and the pump set up....... Guys on here can help you get the right engine...... Jim
Jim, would the Kohler require fabrication to make it fit?

Also, I thought someone on here said they would never use a Kohler engine, and said they would go with a Brigs & Stratton.
They never said why.
Do you have any thoughts on why they were against a Kohler?

Thanks,
Abe

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #14  
Jim, would the Kohler require fabrication to make it fit?

Also, I thought someone on here said they would never use a Kohler engine, and said they would go with a Brigs & Stratton.
They never said why.
Do you have any thoughts on why they were against a Kohler?

Thanks,
Abe

If you need the wiring harness you can get it from PT. and it will fit you may have to drill a couple of holes and adjust the height for alignment and cut off the out put shaft and add the drive on the other end depending on how old it is..... Jim

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE
Well, I am just about done with the install of the new Robins (Subaru) 22hp engine.

They must have baby hands that designed how things go in and together.

I had to have my wife (small hands) get the engine bolts in, then hold one wrench while I did my best to finagle my hand down under the motor to tighten the nuts. Ridiculous!

Gaskets?
Does anyone know where I can get two muffler exhaust gaskets without having to order them from Power Trac?

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #16  
It shouldn't be too hard to pick up locally at an OPE dealer. Bring in a sample or a pipe. Or make a template.

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #17  
Yes, I have special wrenches for some of the locations because my hands certainly don't fit, either. There are times that I contemplate the Navy method- cut out the offending metal, do the repair, and reweld.

Try Jack's small engines;
https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j...QHoZuZj2gA9_MLfwlxI0-1636561113-0-gaNycGzNB_0

(I'm guessing that this is your engine; scroll down for the "manifold gasket".)

All the best,

Peter

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #18  
You can put a 25 hp Subaru on it and make it a 2425 from a 2422 I have the 25 hp installed in mine

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE
Tried 3-4 places for the gasket but no go, so I bought a sheet that I will make my own from.

on the PT422 does the negative cable from the battery connect to the frame or engine?

Thanks to all for your help and input.

/ NEW 22 HP ROBIN ENGINE #20  
Normally either will work as the engine should be secure to the chassis. What is important with a ground is that stays solid and is ideally located away from modules in case of voltage surges IE from jump starting as an example. You can always run a ground to both the chassis and engine.