Grapple New 54" Grapple, first use

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #1  

emcvay

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 w/FEL
Hi All,

Thanks again for all the advice in the past as well as recently! I finally settled on the LS 54" root grapple as it was both in stock locally and priced right (Thanks Buck at EFC Equipment!). I also had Rod over at Okanogan Truck and Tractor add a diverter valve since they had the tractor to replace a bad bearing and seal on the front end which caused my 4WD to fail -- two years without 4WD was rough!.

Got the tractor and grapple back to the cabin and began to tear stuff up right away! ha!

I will be doing a LOT of work with this grapple so I'll be able to report how well it performs for me...I'm abusive to the tractor and implements so if anyone is going to tear it up, I am! ha!

/ New 54" Grapple, first use
Well I have no doubt I'll find that out! ;) I will try NOT to break it of course, but I have a lot of work to do and I've pretty much broken every thing I use out there when it comes to the tractor LOL except the auger.

I am hoping, however, that this grapple does the job! Luckily my neighbor up there is a welder though so at least if it does break I should be able to get it fixed.

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #4  
I have no knowledge of your brand of grapple. I have a Land Pride SGC1560. It's designed as a skid steer grapple and has 820# of AR400 steel. I've had it ten years now and not a moments problem. Works great on my M6040 Kubota.

One overall wish - that implement manufacturers would QUIT using electrostatic paint - powder coat. I MUCH prefer a quality brand automotive paint.

/ New 54" Grapple, first use
That's a much heavier grapple than this LS. Which means, I'll likely break it before too long but we'll see. It's funny, I said 7 years ago in my 3 1/2 year review of the tractor, not to buy cheap implements but then this was all that was available so I bought it and it was priced right ;) Now the question is: how much can it really do?

We'll find out!

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #6  
when you need one they can't be beat!

20220925_140224_resized.jpg

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #7  
I'm talking about cylinders will break if you leverage them wrong, you'll bend the mast if you push too hard...I've managed to use mine very hard and not break it yet, but I've bent several tines, including the 1/2" end tine, and I've also put a slight bend in the mast.

Not to mention the three holes in my grill that I've caused by letting branches breach.

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #8  
We have a guy like you at deer camp. He can break a hammer. I will not let him use my tractor and he gets annoyed with me. I just smile. I have the only tractor with a cab so it is "in demand".

We call him "Bash Brother"

Last edited:
   / New 54" Grapple, first use #9  
i love my grapple ... very useful

Okanogan Truck and Tractor
I started to wonder if we were almost neighbours.
Moses Lake is in Washington State, but the Okanogan part threw me off.

I'm in the Okanagan Valley, BC Canada :)
so, neighbours, sort of

have an awesome day - stay safe

/ New 54" Grapple, first use #10  
I have no knowledge of your brand of grapple. I have a Land Pride SGC1560. It's designed as a skid steer grapple and has 820# of AR400 steel. I've had it ten years now and not a moments problem. Works great on my M6040 Kubota.

One overall wish - that implement manufacturers would QUIT using electrostatic paint - powder coat. I MUCH prefer a quality brand automotive paint.

With any paint or powder coat the durability depends on the prep. Both are highly durable if applied properly. I too have seen the badly peeling of badly prepped powder coating. More to do with manufacturers quality control than the process. More interested in how it looks new than how long it last. The low voc and water based primer paint on my dodge truck peels too. Meeting EPA VOC requirements for small manufacturers is extremely expensive and paint finish quality suffers.

I have had 100’ of custom railing powder coated. After I clean, the fab shop hot water pressure washes, hot phosphate rinses and dries before powder coating. Meets the toughest marine, mining and industrial requirements. Things like ornamental railing or grapples does take a skilled knowledge to apply powder coat properly.